The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Getting a rim job with income tax :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 32

Getting a rim job with income tax :)

Well, as the title states, I'm in the market for some rims for the G as soon as income tax time rolls around. I'm leaning towards a five spoke design and I've kinda sorta decided on these rims on wheelmax(let the flaming begin). I know there are better rims out there but I'm not made of money and they'll only be on the car probably 4 or 5 months out of the year so I think I'm ok. And yes, I'm only going 17". I just wanted to make sure there should be no problems with fitment or rubbing. Also, if anyone has some photoshop skills could you post a pic of these on an 8G? Here's the link to what I'm "probably" getting.
    http://www.wheelmax.com/product.asp?ProdId=14862
    Thanks .
    Last edited by boochieboy; 12-30-2008 at 11:41 AM

me too

- If you've got nothing nice to say, what the hell is wrong with you!?!

Yeah, just click on the picture of the wheel. I wanted to make sure everything I was getting was correct (hence the link to the shopping cart)

Quote Originally Posted by Shopping Cart
    Note:
    All orders recieved on December 24th and 25th will be processed on Friday December 26th, and shipped on the following Monday.

Cart is empty
    This is what it said

You can't link other people to your shopping cart, even if you are not logged in.

Get 18" at minimum, they won't rub and more than 17s will with the right tire size and offset.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boochieboy View Post
    I've kinda sorta decided on these rims on wheelmax(let the flaming begin)[/url]
    honestly dude, 98% of the cats on this site are riding on trash rims, so don't feel bad at all about anyone says. just get something you like.
    Last edited by platano; 12-29-2008 at 11:36 PM

i'd go with 18" and in black with chrome lip. these look ok
    Last edited by djakay; 12-29-2008 at 11:39 PM Reason: oooops typo

Banned
    imo, those would def look better in 18's, even 19's. but do what you like.

Seriously 18s are like $80 more for the set ($20 per wheel). Get 18s, trust me.

i love getting rim jobs.

It's gonna look retarded anyways until I get a drop. What's the whole deal on 18's? I don't really care too much about size as much as the "look", and it's still 2 inches bigger than the stock 15's. I'm not shitting on you guys,,,I just want to know why 18 is so much better than a 17.
    EDIT: I also realize it's only another $80 to go to 18's, but add all this to a new set of cross drilled&slotted rotors from R1 concepts and some G2 caliper paint, and I'm already pushing a grand.
    Last edited by boochieboy; 12-30-2008 at 12:09 AM

It's gonna look retarded anyways until I get a drop. What's the whole deal on 18's? I don't really care too much about size as much as the "look", and it's still 2 inches bigger than the stock 15's. I'm not shitting on you guys,,,I just want to know why 18 is so much better than a 17.
    because once you have the 17's on you car you'll step back and say " :smt017 hmmm I should have gotten 18's"

Quote Originally Posted by djakay View Post
    i'd go with 18" and in black with chrome lip. these look ok
    Now that you mention it, that would look pretty sick........SON OF A BITCH!..decisions, decisions.

EVERYBODY has black rims with a chrome lip...

And some of us ride around on our bent, stock alloys.... :D

I'd rather ride on bent alloys than steelies and hubcaps lol.

all i saw was "rim job" and I opened this thread all excited.

I never clicked the link.
    Now i'm dissapointed.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Let's put it this way, I got 17s with a mild drop, and I didn't like it, once I slammed my car on coilovers, it look awesome, it depends on how much you're going to lower your car.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast