The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: VR-4 bumper on 2002 Galant??

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar

VR-4 bumper on 2002 Galant??

Hey guys just a quick question, I have just put on my New style vr-4 Galant front bumper, and it looks nice. The only thing that has to be done is headlights and grill on my 2002 Galant. Now my question is that in order to get the front bumper to fit I had to remove the crash bar from the front so it would finaly fit right on. But I beleive I would need the crash bar well just b/c I think I would feel alil more safe wit it on. Does anybody now how to get around this how I could I cut orwhat do I cut on the crash bar or just the front so I can keep crash bar. I was also thnking is that Im turbocharging my car, would the intercooler fit ok or do I still need to cut seartain parts off the front of the car. Please if anybody could help please help me. Thanx

Banned
    as far as the crash bar is concerned, yes, you can keep it on (and you probbaly should for the extra safety) but you have to modify its corners to fit the vr4 bumpers over it. If you Search the forums there's pics and information on modifying the crashbar floating around here somewhere.

as far as the intercooler question is cocerned; i'm not sure so i'll let someone who's already boosted answer that.
    Last edited by platano; 01-03-2009 at 07:03 PM

The crashbar needs to be cut diagonally on the ends, and then the bumper will fit, depending on the size of your IC it may or may not fit without cutting of the bar, post some pics
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

both ends need to be cut like this:

Intercooler will fit depending on size, also your going to have to trim the bumper to make the intercooler fit or its going to bulge out. Also theirs tons of pics on this topic & JDM in general, if you use the search feature for future reference.
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Thanx alot guys for the help Happy New Year!!! Im ganna try to post up pix, and im ganna find out if intercooler will fit.

Depends on the size of intercooler you pick up. Mine fits fine under the crash bar: