The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ceramic coated engine internals

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

ceramic coated engine internals

What are the gains of having this done if any?? My friend is looking to have it done on a 3.2 SHO motor and we were wondering what this would gain him. let me know if you have any info.

Thanks in advance!! :)

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

it helps deflect heat energy out of the motor and into the exhaust if you do the pistons make sure you do the pentroof of the head.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Your friend wants this done but he doesn't know what they are or do??? He just likes the sound of that or what??

silverlightning
    I have never heard of that :( sounds pretty stupid...........

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by gaylantvr4 View Post
    it helps deflect heat energy out of the motor and into the exhaust if you do the pistons make sure you do the pentroof of the head.
    Yes, like he said it's typically applied to the piston crowns, combustion chambers, and exhaust ports of high-performance engines. Not worth it unless he's running nitrous or a lot of boost.

This is something you need to talk with your ENGINE BUILDER about.

edit: here's some basic info for you: http://www.aa1car.com/library/2005/eb80544.htm
    Last edited by WarmAndSCSI; 03-08-2008 at 12:53 PM

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post
    Yes, like he said it's typically applied to the piston crowns, combustion chambers, and exhaust ports of high-performance engines. Not worth it unless he's running nitrous or a lot of boost.

This is something you need to talk with your ENGINE BUILDER about.

edit: here's some basic info for you: http://www.aa1car.com/library/2005/eb80544.htm
    yea thats what i thought it would be for. But i said if you were running alchol injection that it would help keep the engine cooler cause ceramic disapates heat verry efficiantly. but he didnt want to listen to me and i had to waste a new thread lol. Thanks guys

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.