The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Balljoint

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Balljoint

so when i got my rims put on i also had an alignment done with new tierods and balljoints. Well the shop that did the work broke both bolts on the left side, charged me for the extra work and now i have about 4 inch's of play back and forth. They drilled out the two holes for a 3/8 bolt which is creating the play in my front wheel. Luckly i had a extra balljoint laying around at my house that i could us to fix the problem. Made some press fit sleves at work that work perfictly with the 3/8 bolt and will take out the slop. But my problem is i can only get one of the bolts out that they put in. the other one that they put in is all stripped to shit and i cant keep a wrench on it. Im really pissed off right now cause they wont fix the problem that they created even though they didnt listen to me when i told them to drop the cradle down drill out the holes over sized and weld a nut on the top of the cradle, that would fit the stock bolt size. now im stuck with this unsafe car that i cant fix. I cant get a grinder in to cut the bolt out and if i did i would still be screwed because they have a nut inbetween the mount and the cradle but i still cant get a wrench on it cause there impact wrench stirpped it all to hell. Dose anyone have any ideas on how i can get the bolt out?? Im lost the only thing that i can think of is wast a socket and hamer it over the bolt but that still dose not garuntee me that the socket will grab. Any help is great help.

Thanks in Advance!
    Last edited by Galant306m; 03-07-2008 at 06:42 PM

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

the ball joint is out and just in time. the rubber twards the back is completly broke so it was a matter of time before i had some big problems. To cold to finish going to work on it tomorrow. will take some pics of their sweet work.

1996 galant s

Dude have you already done your Mitsubishi Recall repair?>?

I just called my local Mitsu dealer, gave em my VIN from my 14 year old 7g, and they said nope, it hasnt been repaired yet, just bring her by and it is 100% free of charge, genuine Mitsu parts and mechanics are going to fix my 1994 Galant!!!! I love it.

BTW, it's a lower ball joint recall, on 7g's I believe all of them, but not sure.

Just my .02, hope it helps, if not, can you say SMALL CLAIMS COURT??? A shop cannot fwuck up your ride and not fix it. That's BS

good luck man

steve
    1996 Galant shell.....newly acquired
    1992 Eclipse GST - GONE
    1991 Galant GSX - SOLD
    1994 5spd Galant - RIP

its the other one that balljoint that isnt a recall. But im still stuck cause i put a new bolt in and it broke off so i got to figur out how to get it out. Im going to be taking them to small claims court this summer over all of this and try to get my money back for the work that they did and have them pay for the work that i had to do.

1996 galant s