The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Switches for Streetglow?

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar

Switches for Streetglow?

its a bad chop, but how could i do something like that. the black circles would be the switches.

this is the set up i have:
    under the hood a "+/-" box for the 4 tubes under the car, a fuse, then the switch.

where i can get more things like that for some interior so that i can have just the interior or just the exerior on?

thanks for the help, along with my "checklist" post, i have this as one of the projects, but i needed more help with it. also, im not sure what id do to get the switches in that spot, any ideas there. idn how to use FG but i can learn i guess

go to a hardware store get some plastic cut it to the size that you need and place it in there would make it just a hair biger then you need it so that it wouldnt move. and put some holes in it when you finally have a good fit.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

k, thanks for that part

but how do i get more switches, fuse connector so the lights dont blow and the fuse does, and a +/- box like the one i already have?

buy smaller switches! What do you meen by the box that you have?? do you need to mount that there too?? just put the fuse on the positive wire before the power connection!

Edit: when you buy the interior ones they should come with the box. and if they dont you could look on the internet to find one that would control more then 4 tubes. this would make it easier for you. and i think that they make a controler that would eliminate the switches all together that would be possible to mount in that slot.
    Last edited by Galant306m; 03-07-2008 at 08:36 PM

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

thats what im talking about, so you can get power, thats for my under glow. i need a new one of those + fuse + switch for my interior

no you dont

thats a transformer for the blue line underglow

interiors can connect directly to a 12V current, no transformer required

the exception is the ones sold in pairs, those come with a transformer that both lights plug into
    ...pain is temporary, pride is forever...

ok, here is what i did. (just a note i hate the lights and never use them, they were free and i was bored...) i tapped into the wires for the 12v outlet and installed a fused toggle switch in the + wire. i have it mounted in the little cubby hole in the center console. the lights i have are optix 12v 9" led strips. just use one of the clip on connectors that taps without cutting or stripping. then run the + wire to where you want your switch, then to your light. make the ground as short as you can get it and just ground it to the body. its pretty simple. note that this is for the interior lights only. dont try this with the street glo lights, they may pull too much current and fry your wiring.

for the panel you want, just go buy a piece of abs plastic, and like was said before, cut it about 1/8" bigger than you need it and use hot glue to hold it in place. i say use hot glue so you can remove it easily if you ever get tired of it.

well the reason i wanted more transformers is i know how to wire that without taping into crap, eh, ill figure it out

thanks for everyones help

I actually have a panel that fits there. With holes cut into it already. I don't remember the color, and I removed the switches LOL
    but it is made for these switches.

the switches you can get at like pep boys or online or at ebay
    I can take a picture of the switch panel if you want. I believe it holes 5 switches. I will let you have it cheap
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    well the reason i wanted more transformers is i know how to wire that without taping into crap, eh, ill figure it out

thanks for everyones help
    whats so hard? heres what i did. the power lead for my interior neons are all connected to barrier strip with a jumper terminal attached. then i run a wire from the strip to the switch, with the other side of the switch connecting directly to the battery. ground each tube wherever its convenient, and you can put a fuse between the switch and the battery. if you really want to go all out, you can put a fuse between each neon and the barrier strip, so if one goes out they dont all go out, and it also makes troubleshooting easier

whats a barrier strip? is it almost like my transformer how they all connect to it? and where would i find one of those

Jay, let me see a pic, i dont think im going to need 5 holes, but if it fits then cool it will work, i can always put something there anyways, ill take a pic of my switch for my currant set up to make sure it will fit

wow, that would work GREAT. thats basically just what i need, i can put that somewhere in the car and run a wire to the battery rite? and do i need to ground that out too or no?

sorry for my crappy shaky hand in paint

wow thats better then what mine woulda looked like lol. so that strip is like a fuse/connector? thats cool

thanks for your time and help, ill have to stop by a radio shack next time im near one

edit: never mind, looked at it wrong, i see it now, if i ask radio shack for a fuse, theyll have one for it?

the grey bars are the barrier strips.

what interior neons are you powering? that will tell you how big of a fuse to go with

um, just a small i want to say 10" L.E.D
    got them at walmart for $10 lol, i only have 2, but im going to be running 4 soon

i will only need a total of 3 switches maybe, depends on what i decide to do in the future

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    whats a barrier strip? is it almost like my transformer how they all connect to it? and where would i find one of those

Jay, let me see a pic, i dont think im going to need 5 holes, but if it fits then cool it will work, i can always put something there anyways, ill take a pic of my switch for my currant set up to make sure it will fit
    I will take a pic tomorrow
    edit found the persons cardomain that I bought it from

Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Thats Epik.. I love where u Put those switches.. Epik Ideaaaaa.. lol..

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

Quote Originally Posted by nycking23 View Post
    sorry for my crappy shaky hand in paint

Okay.. see this is what i thought needed to be done.. but then people start talking about a relay setup and stuff.. ehckk..

what kind of Fuse would i need?

can someone post up an example?

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production