The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My 97 ES build thread. (Update 5/20/2008)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 169
    seth i want your car to run again..... dont make me come down there and help you fix it cause i will.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice View Post
    ummm can i have that passenger corner back? haha, i broke mine one day while driving from the performance shop.
    lol, how do you guys loose them?!

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice View Post
    ummm can i have that passenger corner back? haha, i broke mine one day while driving from the performance shop.
    Yeah, You sent me the Driverside corner and I needed the passenger anyway lol. Or maybe it was the other way around, I will check. PM me your addy!
    7g for life!

Seth that screw driver that you bent can actually come to use when u need to unscrew something in tight places where you need to approach from the side, i know they make tools like that but a in dire need you can now use it instead of buying one...but then again im sure u have those tools anyhow

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    seth i didnt need to wait for a bonus to get that FMIC from u lol.. n im always broke.. just dont go out of ur house for a few weeks

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Sooo Seth...is this bad boy even close to rolling under its own power anytime soon?

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Icon14

lol mines fell out into my hands as i took off the flex plate.
    its almost as if the car was thanking me for the 5spd swap.
    im one of the lucky ones.

And for all of you people who were able to wiggle that spacer out with no more then a pair of vice grips ...... I hate you all![/QUOTE]

Wow, I wish they all did that. As of right now, it is still sitting. But come Wednesday, I will have its fate decided.
    7g for life!

i have one question..
    ... i got a 5spd f5m33 of a supposed 95 gst
    checked out the part numbers n its true.
    now evertyhing done after fighting with my distributor for half an hour to line up the key to the cam my shop closed n i finished the bleeding and small adjustments outside in the parking lot. now i put the damn thing in first and the passenger axle is dancing around like crazy. i used a new one given to me with the tranny off a guy thats a a gst fanatic and has 1st n 2nd gens n parts like crazy. i find by close inspection and affirm by google n forums that certain year shafts are smaller diameters. now i realize he might have given me an incorrect passenger axle of a 1st gen.
    logic states my original one will do the job.
    so does the 7gen galant pass axle work fine or will it be the right diameter but not the right length?
    i looked up on advance auto parts for part numbers and they are different for 96gst n 96 galant.
    and the are automatic axles also. should be same as galant 5spd if im correct.
    so to all on this forum who has sweated the same hell ive gone trough today to make my car 5 spd know if my axle will work (original from my car) ?
    i know ill find out tommorow but if you guys can save me a needles dissemblance of my cars pass side again for the 4th time this 2 weeks after changing the shaft and blowing the auto shortly after and now having the wrong axle in there rendering my normally reliable car undrivable..... id be greatly apreciated.
    thanks

and as a thank you note if ud like to pm me id be more than happy to forward my 2 mitsu parts peoples numbers for those of you in the south florida area needing good used parts for great prices.

yea i did a clutch on a 86 jeep one time and it was hell the same way. i broke 3 pullers.
    only way is to get a puller from snapon or some quality and ridiculously expensive.
    n make sure that main seal sits in there nice, dont cut corners and get a quality one equal or better to oem dealer spec. after the abuse that crank cover went trough i think ud rather get a new cover, it comes already pressed with the new main seal ;)

2g GST axles have a different spline count then 7g Auto/Manual axles. I could not fit GST axles in my 7g trans. I dont know about the 1g axles, but if you have a 2g trans, the auto/manual 7g axles will not work. Good luck!
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    what will determine it's fate? Oh... and did you have that passenger turn signal housing??

thanks for the help.
    ill see what i come up with.

my auto axles worked like a charm. lol. my bad but probly depends on the originality of the tranny.
    threw my orignals in there n wham im driving n lighting up 2 solid lines on the pavement lol.

She lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not really.

So ... not too bad, some sketchy areas towards the tops of the cylinders.
    2/3

1/4

And:

9.0:1 stock bore. Might have to sell them if I have to bore my cylinder walls :/
    7g for life!

Hone your cylinders and see what it comes to, i would recommend getting a ridge reamer since you have a nice little ridge at the top. All in all though for 230k on the engine i say not bad. Should clean up, and i had some of that at the top of mine but the rings do not go up that far so you may not have a problem.

1996 galant s

all i see is inferior rubber suspension bushings, when I know you have a superior Prothane kit. in your possession

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

I have the trans prothane mounts, but for whatever reason, I lost the driverside engine mount in between 7gs.

I am not doing any machine work, its all going to the shop. I will assemble it, but I dont trust myself to do anything to the cylinder walls.
    7g for life!

I need to update my mounts on mine too was thinking about going with some solid mounts.

Hey can you get some corner lights please lol ive never seen either of your cars with both of them installed lol.

1996 galant s

nice
    with ur 230k and u looking into ur cylinder walls maybey u can answer this question.
    the oil consumption isuue in these cars are worn piston rings after hitting over 100k or simply valve seats gone bad?

i drive 60-100 miles a day straight highway and about every 200-300-500 miles depending on how hard im on the car it burns away a qourt or half of one.

i use M1 syn and even used M1 delvac. tried everything. might be high rev driving? or simply valve seats.

when i punch it behind a mild mist of sut from running a lil rich i see some white smoke. and its not the ethanol cus ive always done the same burning amount on gas or ethanol.

compression is good across the board nice healthy and even to a T
    No leaks anywhere.

what do you think? from inspecting ur engine and head there. did it burn oil before?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast