The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My 97 ES build thread. (Update 5/20/2008)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Showing results 101 to 120 of 169
    i ended up using the 98 gst harness and i just tapped in some power to pin 82 and some other pin i forget..... its power suply and boom spark and pulse. but no guages gotta repin or match up.
    set back due to a broken oil cooler gasket.... clang clang and dropped a rocker from an uncharged lifter shortly after due to bad oil pump from the blown bearings. i mean it wnet full dry man. i cut the baffle to fit a 1g flat deep down oil pick up tube... it sucked and spit out every drop of oil. next week redo all over again with the gaskets balance shafts and all that other hell again.

AND I FEEL YOU ABOUT THE PILOT BUSHING FOR THE TC. wow on this new motor it didnt come out at all. i ended up cutting it flush with the crank after failing for 3 hours and trying everything. lol new option for you guys.

ill try and take pictures so i can start a thread next time but i just dont have patience for that kinda stuff.

all my swaps are start and finish asap under one day with no interuption.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Waiting on rod bolts, should be here tomorrow, then will have the short block assembled. Soaking lifters in carb cleaner, they arent looking so hot. Will see tomorrow if they loosen up, I dont want to spend money on new ones :(
    7g for life!

what happened/ i thought the block was freshly painted. you can find lifters for 50shipped on dsm tuners
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

sooo where did you get the freeze plugs?
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Machineshop got them for me, they had to order one or two of them, not sure where they got them. It was painted until I took it to the machine shop and they "cleaned" it up lol. It will get re-sanded and painted before too long.
    7g for life!

don't forget to clean some of that rust that is out of focus in the bay!

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

mko, link to lifters? Are they new? Revised, 3g? I dont really want to buy used lifters.
    7g for life!

Nevermind, I bought some EPN 3mm lifters on eBay for $79 shipped. Not bad.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    Nevermind, I bought some EPN 3mm lifters on eBay for $79 shipped. Not bad.
    they are good lifters. got a set for my buddies 1g and my DOHC swap. theyve been in the 1g for about 5 months now, no issues and most importantly no damn tick! i also am using the epn stainless valves and bronze guides as they were a great deal too

did you go ARP on the rod bolts? looking forward to seeing this thing running man
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Yah, they were for the DSM 7bolt, I assume they fit. Old ones have to be pressed out and new ones pressed into the rods, so that will get done tomorrow or maybe Monday.

Still trying to figure out if I want to get GS cam gears or just go adjustable. Sucks there is a perfectly good set of AEM adj cam gears on my old motor that I sold to my friend ... just sitting.
    7g for life!

im going to use the GS cam gears, but im sure you will miss the adjustables.

the 7 bolt 63 and 64 use the same exact rod, bolts and bearings down the the part number, they will work just fine

cars going to be a beast isnt it haha
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

I got my lifters in yesterday, they look very nice. The oiling hole is huge compared to the old lifters.

Was going to finish assembling the head yesterday but when I went to clean the rocker arms, they seemed real gritty when rolling them. Any tips on cleaning them? I looked into buying new rocker arms, but they are expensive. Evo rocker arms supposedly fit and are lighter, but go for about $150/set, which is more then I want to pay.

Probably going to soak them in some carb cleaner and see how they turn out. A few of them are really gunked up.
    7g for life!

check out htis youtube link for how to remove a pilot bearing from DJ Rastri http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xuR7T8G1Ys
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

eksz, that is awesome haha! I dont think it would have worked with mine, but if I ever had to do it again, I will definitely try it!

Sourced some used Fidanza adj cam gears for $80.

Still need to get some new rocker arms, I don't trust these.
    Last edited by seth98esT; 10-14-2010 at 05:44 PM
    7g for life!

Got a baller bonus at work. Buying a schlew of parts today. Need to get the 7g driving before snowfall! Going to drop off some parts for powdercoat, going to have a schweet looking bay!

Maybe tax returns will yield a new paintjob. No more Green, thats for sure!
    7g for life!

The G is looking good seth

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    Got a baller bonus at work. Buying a schlew of parts today. Need to get the 7g driving before snowfall! Going to drop off some parts for powdercoat, going to have a schweet looking bay!

Maybe tax returns will yield a new paintjob. No more Green, thats for sure!
    booo! i love the green

i wonder what your doing......

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

how did those rocker arms end up seth? evo rocker arms are a good upgrade i heard but i wouldnt pay that either.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Got a used set of 1g rocker arms from B19wheels. Should be here next week, hopefully they are better then the ones I have!
    7g for life!

noice Sethly.

I think you need to putt on over to CO and get w/ the AWD and Eclipsh

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast