The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Will this fit??

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Will this fit??

im looking for a set of wheels and the ones that i like have an offset of +35 and its a 19x8.5......will i have a problem with these and my drop on teins? i mean rolling or cuttin the fender is not a problem but im jus lookin to find out if ill have a problem

Thanx

WarmAndSCSI
    Those wheels are definitely going to rub with a drop. They're going to be sticking out well past the fender line as well. 8.5 in width and a +35 mm offset = skateboard look.

Will definitely require rolling the fenders.

well i dont think it will have the skateboarder look...redgalant2k1 dont you have 8.5?? itll def stick out a little bit but i dont think ill do it neways due to the drop and i dont wanna shred my tires up

Quote Originally Posted by Lomo2117 View Post
    well i dont think it will have the skateboarder look...redgalant2k1 dont you have 8.5?? itll def stick out a little bit but i dont think ill do it neways due to the drop and i dont wanna shred my tires up
    I have 19x8 with +40mm offset and they rub on rare occasions at stock height.

oo ok i gotcha....wuts the lowest offest we can go on the 8gs? i believe ive seen sum1 on tgc with +32 i believe he said they were VW wheels

oo ok i gotcha....wuts the lowest offset we can go on the 8gs? i believe ive seen sum1 on tgc with +32 i believe he said they were VW wheels
    Well I would recommend no wider than 8" and no lower than +35mm (on a 7" or 7.5" wheel) and +40mm on a 8" wheel.

If you installed a widebody or fender flares you could accommodate (and still look good) with a much lower offset and wider wheel.

On another note you won't fit the VW 5x112 bolt pattern on our cars.

offset and width are both important when figuring out clearance. wider the wheel, th higher the offset to keep them under the car... but to high an offset an u are rubbing suspension parts.

iiiiiiiiight i got the offset crap now....thanx fellas.....oO and that guy with the 8g with the VW wheels, his car is black with the tein sticker on the rear triangle window...he was sayin he had 5x112 with the +32 offset and no1 believed him...i dont get how they fit cuz the stems are prob rubbing against the lug holes....oO wells

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    they will stick out i have 19x8.5 36mm offset and i only get away with it because of the jdm fender flares, which they sit inside with a mm or 2 to spare

iiiiiiiiight i got the offset crap now....thanx fellas.....oO and that guy with the 8g with the VW wheels, his car is black with the tein sticker on the rear triangle window...he was sayin he had 5x112 with the +32 offset and no1 believed him...i dont get how they fit cuz the stems are prob rubbing against the lug holes....oO wells
    Not that noone believed him, its that its physically impossible to fit 5x112 wheel on a 5x114.3 vehicle.

I'm running 19x8.5 +45, fits just right.

thats me your talking about. and to this day my wheels still fit on a car that has a 5x112 lug pattern.

as far as fitment, my wheels have a 45 offset with an 8mm spacer to clear the small VW centerbore. the fitment is perfect in my eyes and i do not suggest riding with passengers in the back if you dont plan on rolling the fenders. ive driven from dallas to stillwater (about 250miles) on a few occasions and only rub about 6 times on each trip. i do plan to roll the rear fenders though, fronts fit fine
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush