The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Electrical Woes

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    projectGTZ

Electrical Woes

So my wife drives the G everyday, starts complaining about the left side speakers cutting in and out. Alright whatever, I will check it out later I think. So, I wake up this morning. She tells me the headlights are on in while the car is in the garage and has not been touched this morning. Whatever, hit the lock button twice, lights go out.

Here is where it gets tricky. No radio at all now. No dome light. No ACC period. Turning the ignition to lock is like completely unplugging the battery, trip odometers reset and everything. Will not recognize an OBD-II scanner at all. Car dies at while idling.

Troubleshooting: Checked all fuses, twice. Checking wiring for ACC on ignition, good. Checked radio fuse and wiring, good. Car starts first time and every time. Troubleshooting via diagrams in Service Manuals on GalantForums.

I think this may be a SWS problem. The radio works but is simply not receiving any power. Actually power throughout the junction block is sporadic. Like I said Accessory is not working at all!! She is going to the Mitsu stearlership tomorrow. Advise anybody?

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    well the problem with the dome lights and radio etc is probroblly just the fuse a lot of people have problems w/ this
    go under the hood in the fuse box, there is a yellow shroud with 2 10amp fuses one is for the radio etc, even if it looks good change it out anyway...sometimes the prong becomes bent etc...the fuses are cheap enough so just replace it...

this should take care of half your problems

try disconnecting the neg terminal of the battery and leting the ecu reset see if that helps

i would start there and if it doesnt work out report back

projectGTZ
    I pulled the yellow fuse holder and replaced fuses while troubleshooting, they seemed the most logical to be bad. I did not pull the neg terminal as I did not see a reason too. I've got nothing to lose so I might as well check it out.

projectGTZ
    I'll find out what the hell the problem is tomorrow, the guy down at the local dealership has worked a couple quirks out of this one already. I will follow up.

projectGTZ
    Well, on the way to the dealership everything started coming back to life. Radio started flickering and only the right side speakers were working. I went back to the house, pulled out the subs and all associated wiring. Pulled the Alpine and associated wiring and threw in the factory Infinity unit. Everything is working good now, must have been a short somewhere. Thanks anyways guys and gals.