The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Weapon-R Secret Weapon Intake

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    I was lookin at the dragon intakes too, but ended up goin with the SW. im sure they arent too far off.

How does she sound when you get to 3500RPM and up? thats when i notice the nice deep sound :D

I was quite surprised how much room i had when i took out the OEM intake.

Does anyone know any good canadian car part sites?

Yeah the sound gives a really nice growl around 3k RPM, you can hear it sucking around 1.8k. And yeah I was surprised at the room when the oem intake was removed.

Black '02 2.4L ES ~ TGCLI

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6 View Post
    looking at the pics, it looks like you could push the intake pipe in a lil bit more into the fitting at the tb and clear the battery.
    so i took your advice and adjusted my intake. fits MUCH better, its not as close to the battery as before, but i still have a hose cut down the centre wrapped around the battery tie down so the intake is safe.

I took a few more pics, so heres the updated one!

as ya can see in the last pic, i now have room to install the RAM Air. im thinkin about puttin it on later this week when the roads are not so wet n snowy.

Anyone know how much an intake will add to the hp? i dont need any dyno stats, just roughly? cuz i cant say i notice all that much of a diff, just sounds nice :)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by aDIsease; 03-12-2008 at 12:59 PM

Usually around 9-12 whp gain.

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by hellk4t View Post
    Usually around 9-12 whp gain.
    Try 2-3...

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post
    Try 2-3...
    Really? I've never seen that small of a gain from a cold air intake. I'm not an expert though.

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by hellk4t View Post
    Really? I've never seen that small of a gain from a cold air intake. I'm not an expert though.
    Look at any customer-generated dyno sheets before and after CAI installs. We're talking single-digit peak horsepower numbers (no more than 5 WHP or so unless the stock intake is EXTREMELY restrictive, which ours isn't really) and possible losses down low. What the marketing departments of intake companies use is just BS. Sure 10 WHP... when uncorrected numbers are used and the "before" numbers are taken at the hottest part of the day or with the throttle opened like 90% rather than WOT.

I didnt think it does too much. just lets it breath better kind eh?

so what about a magnaflow cat back exhaust would i notice the diff if i got that installed?

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by aDIsease View Post
    I didnt think it does too much. just lets it breath better kind eh?

so what about a magnaflow cat back exhaust would i notice the diff if i got that installed?
    This might be your thread, but please don't take it off the original topic. Gains from various bolt-on mods have been discussed ad nauseum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12