The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wheel Hubs

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Wheel Hubs

I have some play in the right front wheel hub according to the mechanic who did my alignment. With 164K on the body, I figure the left front and both rear hubs are probably not far behind. Does any one know the life expectancy of the wheel hubs? Where can I find new ones at the best price? Any help would be appreciated!

Junkyard is best price, dealer for quality.

222whp/250wtq

I've not had to do any work on my hubs and have 240K miles on my 94 ES. I would assume play in the front hub is because of a bad wheel bearing or because the the wheel bearing isn't adjusted correctly. Are you sure you need to replace the hub?
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

Quote Originally Posted by laxinwarrior View Post
    Junkyard is best price, dealer for quality.

True, true
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

I believe the wheel bearing is part of hub assembly and has to be replaced as a unit. The manual says the hub assy is not repairable; if defective , replacement is the only option. If I can replace the bearings themselves I would rather do that with the cost of the hub being about $100, otherwise I will most likely replace just the one and hope the rest last for quite awile.

Talked to the parts guy at the dealership and the wheel hubs usually don't have problems, so looks like I will be replacing just the one.