The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: knock sensor wiring

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

knock sensor wiring

ne one know what the knock sensor wire colors are and how to wire it in.. Mine is from the evo 8 and it has red with black white wire and i assume i need red to goto the ecu and black white to be grounded but i dunno... Also whoever has a knock sensor what color wire is the ecu pin for the sensor.. Thanks for ne help
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

u are correct
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

WarmAndSCSI
    I'll see if I can find the ECU-side color while I'm at work, but I'll get back to you when I get home.

knock

cool thanks for the quick replies -- because i dont have the sensor im defaulting to low octane values so i had to use high octane values copied to the low octane but the main reason for the ecu is for knock control for me atleast..
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/e...-ecuwiring.htm

Not sure about the wire color, but pin number 78 is your man. Can you work from there?
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by bmore303 View Post
    http://www.roadraceengineering.com/e...-ecuwiring.htm

Not sure about the wire color, but pin number 78 is your man. Can you work from there?
    Thanks bmore, now I don't have to look. haha

thanks -- i have the pin number but im using an extension harness and i was curious if the wire matches the color of the stock knock sensor wire...... i guess im paranoid but ill hook up the wiring today and see if i get some reading -- ne know how i can test its active -- should i get some voltage at idle like 1v or something......

Dunno, but I'll check EvoM in a few minutes

Pin 78 should be one of many White wires...so you still need to count lol.

Knock Sensor = 5v.

Min = 0v
    Max =5v

Anything 1v over your normal is a sign of detonation. What's normal on the 64..I don't know.
    Last edited by bmore303; 03-12-2008 at 12:52 PM
    RIP
    Part Out Coming Soon

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

ok so it should not be 0v am i correct in assuming that??

goosey where did u tap for the knock sensor -- the place i thought is not threaded and i cant find another location from the top of the car atleast???
    Last edited by Johnathansgalant; 03-12-2008 at 09:53 PM

Correct, it should never read 0v.
    RIP
    Part Out Coming Soon

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

knock sensor

I have the hole for the knock sensor but does ne one know what size its supposed to be tapped for because its not threaded... Its the only whole that looks like anything i can use.. My sensor fits in it perfectly but its not threaded so.... Thanks

the whole i thought it was supposed to goto is the right place its threaded but u gotta be perfect to get it to screw in -- it was a pita to get that in there but it works finally -- i read .30 to .40 on idle and when i revved it hit .60ish so it works

logs

here is a log of two wot runs..... with evo ecu pulling timing haha
    Attached Files Attached Files