The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Doing dual piston calipers, few questions though

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 32 of 32
    well the calipers i have apparently are the GSX kind thanks to underated tutorial :) so im looking for brackets

but out of curiosity how r they different ??
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    The rotors are slightly bigger then the rest.

the dual piston caliper rotors are bigger then the single piston ones
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

dammit thats what i get for not refreshing the page before i posted lol

Raz is on top of it tho lol
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    the dual piston caliper rotors are bigger then the single piston ones
    i know the dual piston is bigger than the single piston but he said that the GT eclipse ones are bigger than the others meaning bigger then the GSX calipers and diamante calipers, at least that what i think he meant
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    The brackets that fit are the ones off of a 2g diamante. They are the same exact brackets as the 2piston 8g stock brackets. That's how we fixed Aaron's. Yeah, I thought that since the actual calipers where the same for the 1g diamante, 2g diamante, eclipse, 3000gt sl and the galant, the brackets would be the same too but that definitely wasnt the case! So you can still use either set of the actual calipers you have, just get another bracket instead of a complete set, we just ended up using the 1g caliper and the bracket off of a 2g.
    ~Lady Driven~

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity View Post
    The brackets that fit are the ones off of a 2g diamante. They are the same exact brackets as the 2piston 8g stock brackets. That's how we fixed Aaron's. Yeah, I thought that since the actual calipers where the same for the 1g diamante, 2g diamante, eclipse, 3000gt sl and the galant, the brackets would be the same too but that definitely wasnt the case! So you can still use either set of the actual calipers you have, just get another bracket instead of a complete set, we just ended up using the 1g caliper and the bracket off of a 2g.
    these calipers that i have use the screw in fitting for the oil line and our cars has the banjo bolt for the oil lines, right ??

also u said u used the 2g brackets ?? i thought the 2g brackets wont work either, or did i get this wrong
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    The 2g brackets will work, I think we got them off of a... 99 or 00 diamante. They are identical to the 2piston 8g brackets. As for the brake hoses fitting onto the caliper with the male fitting instead of the banjo... if you are planning on going stainless steel, call up Road Race Engineering and ask for the '2g eclipse to 3000gt' hoses for the front only. If you want to stay with the stock hoses, you have to modify the banjo bolts on your car (the bongos) by shaving it down just a little bit, it's not a lot, maybe 3-4 threads worth. Pm duh2150 on how he shaved them down.
    ~Lady Driven~

That's too much modification if you ask me for some brakes. I would not want to be shaving and cutting stuff that has to do with the most important tool on my car for stopping me and try and modify them in any way. No room for failure here. My advice to you, now you do what you want to of course but I would sell everything you bought. And do it right. Get some calipers with a pair of brackets together from say a 2000GT. Don't have to shave and cut nothing, this is your life bro.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    That's too much modification if you ask me for some brakes. I would not want to be shaving and cutting stuff that has to do with the most important tool on my car for stopping me and try and modify them in any way. No room for failure here. My advice to you, now you do what you want to of course but I would sell everything you bought. And do it right. Get some calipers with a pair of brackets together from say a 2000GT. Don't have to shave and cut nothing, this is your life bro.
    u mean 3000gt not 2000gt and those use a different fitting but i get ur point, im selling what i got if i dont get a seller soon on here or club3g i will hit dsmtuners then ebay

thanks for all the input for now until i get the new calipers then i will revive this thread again
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Nope I meant 2000 eclipse GT

oh ok its late and im getting tired :)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12