The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: m3 mirrors?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 79 of 79
    Experienced TGC Member
    I was looking really closely at the pics there, because my life is sad and I have nothing else to stare at...

But is it just me or do those mirrors stick out really far?! Not sure if it's just the angle or the camera or the lighting, but dayam.. looks like you gained about 3 inches on either side Seth. Look again:

There is that section between the base plate and the actual mirror that looks huge.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

Quote Originally Posted by seth
    haha thanks...the bend is custom had a shop do it for about $150 i couldnt afford the otherside, too expensive supposed to add about 50hp from aerodynamics

i dont know how that happened i tried bending it back with my foot, but it didnt work :lauging:
    seth i think i know what happenn, that happen to me too, the DAMN SNOW, bent it the lic palte #,, and it reduce the HP not ADD more

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    they are not that long, ill compare the length of these to the stock ones today. ill also start taking pics for the tutorial

the actual mirror part is very small, a lot less visibility compared to stock, but i am used to it already
    7g for life!

tightgalant
    what years are the 2g eclipses

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tightgalant
    what years are the 2g eclipses
    95-99
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

Hey guys was next on the list to try out with seths car?? j/k unless you want to be our official guinea pig :idea: ?? Well nice work. I wanna try it to. How much thoes mirrors run for $$$??
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

*wakes up*
    Holy chit! That's fuggin cool bro!

-I guess I must've been sleeping while this topic developed.
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

got the mirrors off of eBay for $89 shipped. They are the powered version, the manual version goes for $49.95. I should have gotten the manual ones cause theres really no point in powered ones cause you only move em once then they are set

Notice how the mirrors now fit flat onto the car. i still hafta decide if i am going to fix the top part...

This is the top bolt to the mirror, i had to drill a hole for. I am going to have the bold recessed into the door so its flush, then paint it black

the m3 mirrors are actually a couple inches smaller than the stock mirrors

Ah so pretty!

and yes my car is still dirty, too cold to wash it
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    OK, I see you had to run out in the cold and take pics just to prove me wrong... that's kewl :laughing:

Those are the new hottness man!!
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

Quote Originally Posted by 2True
    OK, I see you had to run out in the cold and take pics just to prove me wrong... that's kewl :laughing:

Those are the new hottness man!!
    damn he really did that too,, now that dedicated TGC memeber good job seth,,,, if they are small than y they look so big from the side,, i think they are pointy

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Thanks guys. Here is a pic of the mounting from the inside:

I have not figured out the wiring. Both the m3 and the stock mirrors had 3 wires. I have figured out which one is ground on both, and i am guessing the other to wires are for vertical and horizontal adjustments. ive tried both wires in all possible ways in the connector but i have only been able to get the mirrors to go up and down. but i only tried for like 5 minutes haha it needs to warm up...

so what do you guys have lined up for me next? :lauging:
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth
    This is the top bolt to the mirror, i had to drill a hole for. I am going to have the bold recessed into the door so its flush, then paint it black
    Hey whats with the civic in the back (Green car)??? I thought u were a DSM'er seth! j/k When 2true said they look a little longer then the stock ones I was thinking that aint good but you proved him wrong and then some ( couple of inches) but I think i'll go with the manuel ones. My automatic ones are sort of broken They only work if you push the thing in real hard for like a min. and they move slow.
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

o0 XeRO G 0o
    again, that looks great! i think i might try them as well. good job being a guinea pig for us seth :thumbsup:

sleepagalant
    seth which brand did you buy is there one better than the others.... i have been looking at them forever but never bought any ... weather is getting nice now so i think it is time now

hmmm not sure on the brand, i forget
    i bought from this guy, same mirrors too
    ClickHere

ill make a tutorial sometime next week during spring break
    7g for life!

sleepagalant
    ok thanks those are the ones i was looking at bidding on
    yeah i will need that so i can get them on before the next meet and i am not the smartest guy in the world when it comes to cars so thanks

finally "ghetto rigged" the lights haha, i did it in like 10min. tomorrow i am going to re-arrange the wires so its no longer ghetto haha

they are very bright, i wired em up to a switch though, if i wired them to my blinkers i would get pulled over for sure. i switch them on and off and i look like a cop :lauging: they also illuminate like a halo around the actual mirror, its rather neat.

if i had a nice digicam the pics would be better
    7g for life!

sleepagalant
    with the switch do they just stay on or does it just give you control turn the turn signals on or off .... just asking cuz in virginia everything is pretty much illegal and with fairfax and prince william they find every excuse to pull you over and dont need any more tickets for my tint..

you can hook em up any way you want. theres two different wires for the light, 1 for blinkers and 1 for parking. but i just wired them both directly to a switch so they both turn on and off at the same time. you can wire em in whatever way fits your needs, or just dont wrie them at all...
    7g for life!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234