The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Nitrous intercooler kit...

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Nitrous intercooler kit...

Well i been thinking off adding nitrous to the car to keep the air a little more colder and denser. Any Turbo guys every use anything like this?

http://www.nitrousdirect.com/nitrous...roduct_id=1589

Last edited by IceDouTGaLanT; 03-13-2008 at 02:15 AM
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

No not worth it, its better to just spray it inside of the intercooler, or use the nitrous to spool the turbo, or just dont get it.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

i really didn't want to get to complex and spool the turbo on it since i really dont run the car that hard. I even considered running the c02 just to keep it a little cooler. I figure if i can pick this up for about 300$ its prob a good mod for few extra horses
    13 GTR

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

It really wont add any HP, it will help reduce heat soak, but thats not much of a problem on a car thats run only on a drag strip. Its repeated back to back runs or short tracks that build it bad.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

yeah that make sense, prob mainly why i see the on older muscle cars which hot lap them
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    if you really want something that will be worth wild get meth injection
    try snow performance

not worth it for your car cuz you don't race it and prolly wont ever seen any hotlap sessions.

With my experience I saw these kits help my friends cars stay cool while we needed to hot lap the car several times at the strip.

It might not add any usable HP, but it helps the car use the power it already has by feeding it colder air. It also helps spool time.. not much but it does.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT View Post
    i really didn't want to get to complex and spool the turbo on it since i really dont run the car that hard. I even considered running the c02 just to keep it a little cooler. I figure if i can pick this up for about 300$ its prob a good mod for few extra horses
    When he means "spool the turbo" he means that the nitrous is greatly increasing your VE and effectively spooling the turbo faster.

I agree, this isn't going to net you much. You're still limited by the heat transfer capabilities of the fins on the intercooler.

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    if you really want something that will be worth wild get meth injection
    try snow performance
    Ever tuned a methanol injection system? It's not entirely as simple as you believe and you may end up seeing no benefit whatsoever unless you really watch your AFR's before and after. People who just slap on a methanol injection system to an already-rich tune end up running pig rich and bogging, even with a boost-variable injection system.

Yeah my understanding of Meth Injection tuning is you want your tune as good as possible BEFORE the addition of meth injection. Your AFR will drop considerably depending on the concentration of methanol being injected. After Meth it's more of pulling fuel across the band. Correct me if I'm wrong TJ.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe