The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Reverse Lights Stay on

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Reverse Lights Stay on

Like the title says noticed it this morning and for the life of my cant figure out what the hell is going on. I have done the 5 speed swap months ago and dont know that it even has anything to do with it. I have never had this problem until now and I havent messed with anything electircal lately at all. Any suggestions as where to start looking? THanks for any help anyone gives.

WarmAndSCSI
    Unplug the wires from the reverse switch on the top of the trans and see if the reverse lights go off. If so, that switch may be bad now.

ALright thanks man I will try that this afternoon and see what happens.

Is that switch easy to replace?

WarmAndSCSI
    Yep, just threads in. It might be "stuck" - I kind of forget how it works. I didn't take a close look when I was digging around in my trans.

^+1
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

what would one ask for if I was buying a replacement part? Like what is that called reverse soleniod?

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by 02galant View Post
    what would one ask for if I was buying a replacement part? Like what is that called reverse soleniod?
    Backup light switch? It should be on the exterior diagram of the trans. Sorry, I don't have CAPS in front of me since I'm at work. I can get you a part # when I get home.

Thanks bro. That would be great

WarmAndSCSI
    Here is your part #:

MD730979 if you're 4 cyl OR 6 cyl

MSRP is $18.17

Thanks man but wierd thing is now its not doing it.