The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: RIPP SDS 4cyl kit DONE and Dyno'd (Automatic)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 122
    Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Im hoping i blow up my tranny w/ the t-68, so i have a good reason to get a 5spd
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

SuperchargedGTZ
    Ross, Dont forget my car is an auto as well. I am pretty sure that the two trannys are the same between the V6 and the 4 bangers. so far i think the tranny is holdin up fine. did you put a tranny cooler in this car as well.

quick question. do the stock internals have to be redone for all this? I am on the market for some FI and i am pretty sure I haev to but I just want confermation.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

SuperchargedGTZ
    i currently do not have my internals done as with many others that have this kit.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GTZ27)</div><div class='quotemain'>i currently do not have my internals done as with many others that have this kit.</div>

It still boggels my mind that everyone more or less who has the Ripp Kit is still running on stock internals, even though you run at about 5-6psi..I wonder how the internals are holding up under the pressure..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

this sound very tempting.... Pushing close to 200whp with an AT????? that's sick.....hell pushing 170+ is crasy enough. So far evything is looking better and better. It's just matter of time till people start noticing the 8G at the light and backing off, or getting smoked.....I'd like to see long term performance and wear on the internals.

Spyder4G64t
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'>It still boggels my mind that everyone more or less who has the Ripp Kit is still running on stock internals, even though you run at about 5-6psi..I wonder how the internals are holding up under the pressure..</div>

I've been running anywhere from 8psi - 12psi on my stock internals for over a year now (16g turbo). As far as I can tell, there are no ill effects. I'll qualify that statement with the fact that I have a J&S Safeguard knock control unit installed, so pushing higher boost is possible without detonation. I'm guessing you would not want to run more than 7-8psi without some sort of knock control protection, or VERY good tuning.

I'm having trouble tuning properly at 12psi with the stock ECU and SAFC, so I turned things down to 10psi, and all is well. One of these days I'll get around to swapping out the ECU, and play with higher boost levels again.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spyder4G64t)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'>It still boggels my mind that everyone more or less who has the Ripp Kit is still running on stock internals, even though you run at about 5-6psi..I wonder how the internals are holding up under the pressure..</div>

I've been running anywhere from 8psi - 12psi on my stock internals for over a year now (16g turbo). As far as I can tell, there are no ill effects. I'll qualify that statement with the fact that I have a J&S Safeguard knock control unit installed, so pushing higher boost is possible without detonation. I'm guessing you would not want to run more than 7-8psi without some sort of knock control protection, or VERY good tuning.

I'm having trouble tuning properly at 12psi with the stock ECU and SAFC, so I turned things down to 10psi, and all is well. One of these days I'll get around to swapping out the ECU, and play with higher boost levels again. </div>

your running 10psi on stock internals and an A/T or 5spd.. I can see running 10psi on a 5spd, not an auto, unless you have ur tranny built.. Me myself, not going to do the Ripp Kit, going to custom fab a t-68, the tranny is bulletproofed with a TC.. Tunning for me has never been an issue, since i use to running 125+shot of N2O, on my 4g64, and well i got free dyno & tunning runs at a friend of mines shop.. Im just thinking of what the feel must be at 10psi on a front wheel drive car, u cant be getting that much traction off the line, if any at all, especially on stock street tires, because i couldnt on my 555's.. interesting 10-12psi, hummm..

Spyder4G64t
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'>your running 10psi on stock internals and an A/T or 5spd.. I can see running 10psi on a 5spd, not an auto, unless you have ur tranny built.. Â*
    Im just thinking of what the feel must be at 10psi on a front wheel drive car, u cant be getting that much traction off the line, if any at all, especially on stock street tires, because i couldnt on my 555's.. interesting 10-12psi, hummm..</div>
    I have a 5 Speed. Nope... Don't get much traction until part way through 3rd gear. I have a Quaife sitting on my workbench waiting for the right time to go in. I imagine that will help quite a bit, but I'm sure I'll still have traction problems. My next purchase is going to be 17" wheels + tires running 225/45/17. Hopefully that will help as well.

Does anyone know if the Ripp S/C kit was made for the 7g yet. I know the 8g is already done, and could probably fit the 7g with modding. But if Iam gonna spend 3500 or so dollars, I want it to be exactly for my car (7g) so I wouldnt have to mod it no more. I'll probably try to put this on myself, or do you think I should get an expert to do this ? Thankz !!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spyder4G64t)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'>your running 10psi on stock internals and an A/T or 5spd.. I can see running 10psi on a 5spd, not an auto, unless you have ur tranny built.. Â*
    Im just thinking of what the feel must be at 10psi on a front wheel drive car, u cant be getting that much traction off the line, if any at all, especially on stock street tires, because i couldnt on my 555's.. interesting 10-12psi, hummm..</div>
    I have a 5 Speed. Nope... Don't get much traction until part way through 3rd gear. I have a Quaife sitting on my workbench waiting for the right time to go in. I imagine that will help quite a bit, but I'm sure I'll still have traction problems. My next purchase is going to be 17" wheels + tires running 225/45/17. Hopefully that will help as well.</div>

That should help alot. The wider tire base should get the power down to the ground, if u get any kind of tires i would suggest 555's, i have a set of drag radials, and the are hella tight..

SuperchargedGTZ
    it is going to cost you alot more than 3500$$. you would be suprised how fast things add up...like gauges....yadda yadda

RIPPMODS
    Hey guys sorry, I took some days of last week and I messed all the stuff going on.

Yes, all the SC cars are running on stock internals, as a matter of fact MATT over at the Club3G camp just laid down 298WHP on his stock internal, 5spd. He is still running the AFR and 270cc injectors.

The Black box at the moment developed 288WHP but 266Lbs of torque, up nearly 25lbs.

All the auto cars are running trans coolers and temp gauges to monitor. We do this to get an Idea of what's going on with temps and such.

We have not tested it on a 7gen, but get us a volunteer and we will be glad to put you on our development program.

We will be testing a SDS4cyl 5spd next week, we hope to put down 225--235WHP between 7-9psi. The SC will not need to run as much boost to make HP, because our electronics will be able to make more power with less boost because we are able to tune bolt timing and fuel.

Rippmods

tim888tim
    Man this is some bad a$$ power. Check out the 3G sight. They are doing a group buy for this kit from RIPP at $3199 with over 10 kits. Click, click

Time to start saving the $$$

Supernova
    If only I wasn't 16 and had a good paying job(I don't even have a bad paying job ) If I had the money, I would so consider getting the kit, even though I know pretty much nothing about the engin of a car. But hey, I'd like to have a "fast that isn't suppose to be fast" car.

NOSMAN7G
    I'll be a 7g tester What do I gotta do?? I'm going away for 6months and don't need a car. I live only about 2 hours from staten island. :twisted:

KNJGalant2002

Mitsubishi's Warranty:

Hi,

This sounds good but would it void my warranty with Mitsubishi? I think it will but it doesn't hurt to ask. If it does I will have to wait until the warranty is up. :cry:

CliptheApex
    can an RPW FPR be used with this kid instead of an Malpazzi? and if no, where can i get a malpazzi, im looking for an FPR right now, and plan on going with the SDS later on this year. and if i already do have an fpr, could that be taken off of the price of my SDS kit when i buy it?
    thanks

RIPPMODS
    The FPR we are using is a 10:1 rising rate, it is boost sensitive and allows the boost to raise according to the boost present.

We offer a FPR that's for NA set ups and will make power under the conditions you are running. It would be best to run a NA FPR for now and then switch over to a FI FPR when its time.

Think of it as an upgrade rather than doing something twice.

Rippmods

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.
    SO DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS WILL VOID THE WARRANTIES THAT US NEWBIES GOT?

IF SO, THEN I GOT TO WAIT 5 YEARS UNTIL I CAN FEEL THE BOOST! DAMN. I JUST GOT MY G-RIDE IN JAN. 2003. OH WELL, JUST HAVE TO NATURALLY ASPIRATE IT.

...U N D E A D...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast