The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: RIPP SDS 4cyl kit DONE and Dyno'd (Automatic)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 122
    SuperchargedGTZ
    anything aftermarket you put on your cars can void a PART of your warranty. so say just for example, you put nos in your car and blow a piston, they NO. the dealer will not pay for the damamged engine or drivetrain. the dealer cant warranty items that are not there stock. but they will have to prove that, that part caused the problem.

get it

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Mitsu wont even look at my car anymore..lol
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTZ27
    get it
    GOT IT :!:

...U N D E A D...

Fast99ES
    How much would an average install cost on this kit????

SuperchargedGTZ
    1K....but plan on spending more than that

dont forget to think about all the little things:

Gauges
    Gauge pod
    plugs
    wires
    headers
    engine mount
    tranny cooler

not that you need all these things, but they are all good to have. although it is essential to have at least a boost gauge

leadfoot
    damn just what i was looking for a s/c kit exept i hope on running how psi. hopefully they will com out with a 15psi pulley. and how much for the kit?

SuperchargedGTZ
    i really dont know what 15 psi is going to do for you. dont forget we have problems with traction. i am runnin around 6psi and i cant keep the tires to the ground

RIPPMODS
    Hey guys sorry I haven't been around, we have been busy on the Cary 4cyl kit, its going very smoothly. We have been in full production with it for 2 weeks now and parts for it are now being photographed and will be advertised on our site shortly.

The Galant 4cyl kit has been testing and been doing great, we expect both 4cyl cars (Auto ES Galant and 5spd RS Eclipse) back within the next to weeks.

The production run of SDS 4G are on there way and we should also have the kit assembled within weeks, there are 9 out 10 kits sold already and we expect an additional 10 run by mid April.

Both the 5spd and auto will get more boost when we finish our Front Mount Intercooler, which is do to be finished late April to early May. The system will offer easy install and best of all more HP.

We haven't forgotten about you guys just burning the candle at both ends lately....

Regards,
    Ross
    Rippmods

leadfoot
    im going to be running forged piston's(JE) and rod's(crewer) along with a built m/t tranny how much boost do you think i can push?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spyder4G64t)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'>your running 10psi on stock internals and an A/T or 5spd.. I can see running 10psi on a 5spd, not an auto, unless you have ur tranny built.. Â*
    Im just thinking of what the feel must be at 10psi on a front wheel drive car, u cant be getting that much traction off the line, if any at all, especially on stock street tires, because i couldnt on my 555's.. interesting 10-12psi, hummm..</div>
    I have a 5 Speed. Nope... Don't get much traction until part way through 3rd gear. I have a Quaife sitting on my workbench waiting for the right time to go in. I imagine that will help quite a bit, but I'm sure I'll still have traction problems. My next purchase is going to be 17" wheels + tires running 225/45/17. Hopefully that will help as well.</div>

You ever think of doing the 1g tb swap? it is definitely worth it especially in your app. also porting the intake mani and exhaust mani couldnt hurt either

are you using the stock 1g/2g smic? i would really consider swapping to a 2g gst ecu...it should make the tuning cake compared to waht it is now

[Edit]
    nm, looked closer and saw the FMIC hiding behind the bumper cover...what kind is it?
    7g for life!

ewgiii
    hey, i'm living here in NC. I knoe nothing about my engine and have no noticable mods. I am planning to put about 4-5 grand into my car this summer for kit, sound, and video. If i decied to go with the supercharger instead of all of this, how much total(Q for GTZ) will it cost me to get it put on locally. I plan to do nothing myself. How much would i be charged and will i need other mods first? i live in Greensboro, NC and i have a 2002 ES

SuperchargedGTZ
    typical installation is about a 1K

they only thing that I suggest is headers, which RIPP makes for they kit but is not included. I am not sure on the pricing, you are better off asking contacting either Ross or Cody at RIPP. 718-815-1313

leadfoot
    what's max whp put down by supercharger yet? for the 8th gen. im hoping it will be in the 270's

leadfoot
    i was also wondering what mod's the auto you have tested this with had done to it?

SuperchargedGTZ
    for a 4 cyl it has been around 210 whp - about 290-300 at the crank

on my 6cy on put down 260whp - thats about 340 hp at the crank

you wont be seeing much of ANY 4 bangers throwin those numbers down. dont forget the 4 bangers stock put down like 115 or so to the wheels, maybe even less. the 6er's throw down around 150 whp, so the increase was quite dramatic for me

Is there any plans of getting this carb approved? How do you pass the visual smog inspections and such?
    Come visit the Revolution: http://www.dsmrevolution.net

SuperchargedGTZ
    grease, grease, grease $$$$$$

there arent any CARB legal FI kits for the mitsus as of yet. although RIPP did pass their car, but at the time it was runnin 270cc injectors vs 310 now and have the BB now vs the afr.

it takes mega bucks to CARB legal components such as these

leadfoot
    what is needed to run the S/C or is the tester bone stock?

RIPPMODS
    All the testers are bone stock including exhaust, we have been posting excellent numbers on both the 5spd and automatic.

The SC is designed to make safe reliable HP on a stock Platform.

You do however need a header, this is an absolute must. The SDS will not work without a header in place. We have a set of headers on the 5spd that made a ton of toque.

If you recall the HP figures:
    Auto@5psi yielded 188whp and 177lb/ft of torque
    5spd@7psi yielded 205WHP and 204lb/ft of torque

All on stock internals and stock exhaust, they have been driving around for several months now and without so much as a hiccup.

Rippmods

leadfoot
    damn those are some good number's im hoping to get about 170whp all motor then get the SC kit. :darthgrin: and th high psi pulley. i was also going to ask about the intercooler have you started testing yet or is it just a thought :?: .

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast