The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: RIPP SDS 4cyl kit DONE and Dyno'd (Automatic)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 122
    The reason I ask about getting it carb approved is.....how can you get your car smogged every year and pass the visual check? And if you get pulled over then what? I have a 2000 I4 which won't need to start getting smogged til 2004, but if I were to spend all the money to get this put on I'd like to know that I can get my car smogged without having the kit removed. Besides, I gotta convince my wife bout it still. Any thoughts?
    Come visit the Revolution: http://www.dsmrevolution.net

SuperchargedGTZ
    i would say wait until you get your car smogged and then get the kit. but either way.....its called greasin....find a shop that you feel comfortable with and grease em

I am a little outta the loop, but did they make this for the 7g yet? I Know the engines are the same but they are opposed differently on the 7g vs the 8g

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(evil-G-nious (aka Kimya))</div><div class='quotemain'>I am a little outta the loop, but did they make this for the 7g yet? </div>

I think Ripp mods still needs someone to be the test car.
    Team TGCLV

what does this car do 0-60 now and 1/4 mile~ what other mods can be done in addition to the kit to add power

leadfoot
    i think it run's some where between a 14.8 and a 14.5(hopefully faster than that ) somewhere in that just guestimating because of the STS it killed run's a 14.9 and it got it ass handed to it. i know that you will need a header to run the kit and as far as anything else on top of the kit i think you can do just about anything but im not sure.

leadfoot
    does anyone have anything to add to this as far as times go?

TGC Regular
    im just curious on this, will the supercharger work on the 6g galant?

i just noticed this ....
    the air to fuel ratio was 13.1 to 13.3 u said.
    isn't that too lean mixture for superchargerd car?
    Check out my ride at:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/djgalant

The only 8g west cost 4g64 Turboed Galant.

who runs 14.9 the v6 or the i4? if its the v6 then what does the i4 run? any ideas
    "run your car, not your mouth"

http://www.norcal-performance.com

leadfoot
    it's the l4 and yes it defincatly runa 14.9 im betting it can pull mid to low 14's but 14.9 to be a base. is there any word on the intercooler that ripp is working on?

so with 188whp and 177lb/ft of torque a 4cyl galant can run 14's :?:
    "run your car, not your mouth"

http://www.norcal-performance.com

leadfoot
    i think it was 200whp and the same torque, and for the M/T the pumped out 245whp

IllestGalant
    I have a couple of questions for you ripp mods,
    Is this supercharger for the 8th gen or the 7th gen? Is it for the 4G64 or is it for the DOHC motors? Is it a roots type or centrifugal? Why don't you make it self contained instead of running oil lines to it? Why is it so much money because for power to cost ratio, I can get a lot more than 179whp for 3,500 with different modifications such as internal engine mods with a turbo. Sorry to ask so many questions but an enthusiast such as myself has to wonder? Thanks for any response

leadfoot
    it an 8G supercharger and they offer a high psi pulley for those who want more power the auto was pushing around 6 psi and got 200whp, the high psi pulley is around 10psi so that's around 240 to 260whp(depending on what mod's you have oh and the tester was bone stock exept for header) if you beef if your motor and tranny before your get the S/C i would imagine that your power to psi ratio would substancialy greater. my goal is 350whp(i hope for more but im trying to realistic) with the motor mod's i getting combined with the supercharger, tranny mod's also, i think it is very possible. personaly if you want to be pushing 500 to 600whp then you picked the wrong car to do it in

For those of you who dont know I was the Galant 4cyl Supercharger test car, Ross from rippmods has my car running at 8 psi because he said the car can handel more boost and more power. He said he wants to see how the automatic holds up and then maybe he will up the boost. Pretty soon Ill have some pics, manus took some when he came to my house. The car feels so strong at low speeds and high speeds, I love every moment of it.

Visit www.rippmods.com for more info on the 4cyl supercharger, Im going to the CT meet on sunday if anyone wants to see it in person. Me and the v6 Galant will be there.

The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

I4_dymond
    Yo T3 what's up.....Say I called up RippMods today. I don't know if I have the wrong number or if they're closed already. I dialed 718-815-1313 and 718-442-4723. I found a place that installs superchargers. I just want to know how much they going for now since it's been awhile. I live way the hell down here in Dallas,TX. If you can help me out or anyone else I'll appreciate it. Thanks...............

RIPPMODS
    UPDATE:
    THERE IS A V6 AND I4 GROUP BUY GOING ON OVER AT CLUB3G!

JUMP IN, PIECES ARE LIMITED, WE ARE RUNNING ORDERS FOR THE GB NOW.

YOU HAVE 6-8 WEEKS, BUT IF YOU NEED A LITTLE MORE TIME SIGN IN ON THE GB OVER AT www.neweclipse.org LEAVE A SMALL DEPOSIT, AND THEN CALL US, WE WILL WORK AROUND YOUR PAYMENT SCHEDUAL, WE'RE ALL HUMAN AND WE ALL DON'T HAVE $3k LAYING AROUND, OR WE'D ALL HAVE PORSCHES....

News:
    Hey guys, the V6 and I4 kits are going strong; we are approaching over 100 V6 kits and nearly 20 I4 kits.

We have been working on the stage 2 kit for the 6 and the 4; different style intercoolers are being used.

V6 5SPD 10PSI 319WHP-297lb.ft
    V6 AUTO 8 PSI 289WHP and 267lb/ft

I4 5SPD 8PSI 247WHP 252LB/FT
    I4 AUTO PENDING TESTING, Waiting for tester...

We are not 100% on the IC choice yet, but just keeping you informed, I keep forgetting my Galant guys, until I get a cal from GT27 or Vegas MATT, REMINDING ME YOU GUYS ARE out there (thanks guys).

The choices are front mounts, side mounts, or, or personal choice Methanol/water injection, we will get into the reasons once we finish testing...

RIPP In house design Headers:
    RIPP header link:
    http://www.rippmods.com/products/products_...rs&productId=83

They are rock solid designed, they offer the best options on the market, but there is a price. They are limited to 10 pieces a month, because they are hand made by a 30 year veteran and master header fabricator, they are power makers, not just air moves, they will make you NA, NOS, or SDS, powered cars, make more power, because they were specifically designed to, check out the link....

We have no NA HP DYNO numbers yet (All our testers have SDS's), but we found 12 more SC power with NO tuning for the header at all. We will have HP number very soon for you... it’s the time we were short of it at the time of the release.

Our newest V6 header is soon to be announced, these things are bad ass.... they need a little more time, but when they hit the market, expect HP to be similar to V8 and very high end Honda gains... they are being designed to produce HP, not just scavenge heat, for the more experienced board members, you know what we mean.

As VMatt may have been informing you, he has a SC going in, we have found that the AFR works better in Auto V6 cars do to the ECU ability to learn, the AFR has been proven very reliable over at the 3G camp by over 80 SDS powered cars, you can poke around there for input.

Ross
    Rippmods
    718-442-4723
    www.rippmods.com
    Home of the worlds first SC powered Galant V6 and I4, over 100 kits sold and going strong, and for this we thank you all.

leadfoot
    where do you put the reserve on the SDS kit ? im going to have the money in august.

RIPPMODS
    You put your self down on the GB at 3G, (just to keep everyone in one place) and then call and leave a deposite.

http://www.eclipseforums.org/forum/showthr...threadid=112275

Rippmods

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast