The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: RIPP SDS 4cyl kit DONE and Dyno'd (Automatic)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Showing results 81 to 100 of 122
    leadfoot
    how long will theS/C be one sale for 3200 for?

cdaw2001ES
    June 30th- but thats only if 3 4cyls sign up for the group buy.

leadfoot
    i wont be able to get 3200 by the end of this month ill have it in mid august. oh well i guess an extra 400 wont hurt me that much although it would be nice to save for other things.

RIPPMODS
    Don't worry; we are selling more than we can produce:

We have sold over 100 of the V6 Mitsu kits, with one of our customers putting down 333whp and 298lb/ft of torque (we advertise 281WHP/277lb/ft), making him the most powerful 3G Eclipse GT V6 5SPD out there, but he also managed a 12.93@106 quarter mile, all on a production stock engine.

There is a sporty GT running 8psi and he managed 289whp and 49lb/ft, I believe he is running a 13.9 and that makes him the faster auto right now....

There are over 25 4cyl SDS kits and not one engine failure to date, we just completed stage 2 for the Galant and we got it up to 252whp and 242lb/ft of torque on a stock engine with an intercooler and larger injectors.

If you put a deposit in now, we will lock in the price and sale... so don't worry, we advise you, if you want one... put an order in they are hard to keep in stock, we are in a 3 week back order...

Check out the headers:
    http://www.rippmods.com/products/products_...rs&productId=83

Regards,
    Rippmods

Fast99ES
    Holy Sh*t...252whp and 242lb/ft out of a stock internal i 4 engine!?!??!! Damn...time to save!!!! And is that with a front mount intercooler or sidemount?

bam462
    i hear ya fast it is time to save or apply for another credit card. :firedevil:

cdaw2001ES
    Thats stage 2, I dont think we have pricing for that kit yet, 3200 is for stage 1, more like 180whp, no intercooler

leadfoot
    im guessing the stage 2 will run about 3800 at least if it's on sale.

RIPPMODS
    Stage 2 has no price as of yet, it is only testing.

Intercooler update:
    We are testing with Methanol/water injection, it’s a much more efficient way of intercooling, plus it makes power. The system is very simple, it comes on only under boost and will cool the intake charge over 100 degrees at 11psi. Best of all, it's real easy to get your hands on the 50/50 mix of water and methanol; it's 20 below extreme weather window washing fluid. So it's about a dollar a gallon.

SDS-4 Update
    The 252whp and 247lb ft on the four cylinder tester was on a 5spd with a front mount intercooler. It also is running 8psi on stock internals. We are awaiting the auto galant to test stage 2 on his set up. We were going to go with the M/W injection and see what the results were.

To date the have been zero engine failures with the 4cyl kit, with 15 on the road and 25 sold, the kit combination of power and reliability is in perfect balance.

SDS-6 Update:
    The six cylinder kits on the other hand are selling faster than we can produce them, we recently developed a over boosting system, that several customers are testing in different area’s of the country. The automatics leave a little to be desired in comparison to the SC 5spd 6G’s, so we developed an overdrive pulley for the SDS (Shaft side) which will spool the SC up 10% faster and make 7psi earlier in the RPM band. The pulley in now available and costs $69.95.

Stage two underway:
    We also developed an overdrive crank pulley, it will spool 11psi on its own and combined with the SDS pulley will deliver 15psi. An engine build is imperative for that set up, as is an intercooler.

Trans update:
    Many of you asked what HP the auto transmission can hold, a Colorado tester has just laid down 313hp with 11psi on w/m injection with his sporty GT. His set up is our stage one upgraded to higher boost levels, proving once again that the consistency of the Supercharger can make big power even on stock engines. Although we do not suggest going for these levels of performance on the stock internals, the testers are prepared for and engine build, so they will continue to push the envelope of power until it gives.

On sale check it out:
    Where’s all the Galants? There are only 5 SC Galants out there…. You guys do know that both systems are on sale right?

SDS-6G stage 1 retail: $3849.95 ON SALE $3500 free polyurethane motor mount and a capped shipping cost of $58

SDS-4G stage 1 retail $3495.95 ON SALE $3200 free polyurethane motor mount and a capped shipping cost of $58

If it’s a money thing, as previously mentioned the systems are on a 3-4 week back order so, if you are interested, leave a small deposit to lock in the price, you have time to work those extra hours…. Good luck!

More as it comes.

Regards,
    Rippmods

cdaw2001ES
    Theres just something about spraying water in to my intake thats bothers me. My Pistons are forged, not stainless. Will long term use create internal rust problems, exhaust interior problems, Cat problems, or mix with the oil???

ETA on stage 2, and will it have everything needed (resivoir, pump) for the H20/Meth injection???

Can the kit be purchased w/o the electronics for a discount???

My motor is in pieces right now, getting ready for it.
    I havent placed my order yet, as I'm wating to see how much I end up spending on the motor/tranny.

Fast99ES
    What part of Colorado is this Eclipse guy from? Layed down 313hp!!!! Damn!!!! I'm gonna try and find out where he is at...I also wanted to ask when we can expect the stage 2 4cyl kit...I'm very interested in this kit already but with the mention of stage 2 and its front mount intercooler I'm more interested in that...Keep us posted bro...

Fast99ES
    Any news on the stage 2 kit?

hey RIPP you stated earlier that there hasnt been any engine failures to this date ... i was wondering if there was any tranny failers to this date???
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

bam462
    same ? here bout the trannys for 4 cylinders

J apmetal
    On sale check it out:
    Where’s all the Galants? There are only 5 SC Galants out there…. You guys do know that both systems are on sale right?

SDS-6G stage 1 retail: $3849.95 ON SALE $3500 free polyurethane motor mount and a capped shipping cost of $58

Believe me, I intend being the UK's first [probably wind up being ONLY]supercharged 6G, but I need some time to prep the car [wheels/tyres/ suspension & generally making sure it wont fall apart !]before I go for the engine work - I WILL have one of your kits - eventually

Phase24
    Who else here has the 4cyl SDS?

I would love to donate my car for the test fitting for the automatic 4cyl on a 7g. One problem, I live in LA now. The other thing is I am broke right now so...but if you can think of some way around the distance, I will be more than happy to let you guys use my car

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

RIPPMODS
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krazienluv10)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey RIPP you stated earlier that there hasnt been any engine failures to this date ... i was wondering if there was any tranny failers to this date???</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bam462)</div><div class='quotemain'>same ? here bout the trannys for 4 cylinders</div>

No, to date, with 130 V6 kits sold and 33 SDS-4G sold, not one Trans failure reported, the SC comes on real smooth, so there is really no harshness to the trans… So long as you don’t do neutral drops your OK, remember HP doesn’t break transmission the driver breaks them when you use them out of their realm.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Phase24)</div><div class='quotemain'>Who else here has the 4cyl SDS?</div>

There are 33 SDS-4G kits out there to date, and twenty headers, the products have lots of praise over at 3G. Our biggest supporter has been the 3G community, and our Galant guy has not posted his experience with the kit, he has however called us with a list of kills in stage one form:

BMW 323, 330, 528
    VW Jetta 1.8T., VR6
    Audi A4 Quattro 1.8t
    Honda Accord V6
    Civic 1.6 turbo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(J apmetal)</div><div class='quotemain'>On sale check it out:
    Where’s all the Galants? There are only 5 SC Galants out there…. You guys do know that both systems are on sale right? Â*

Believe me, I intend being the UK's first [probably wind up being ONLY]supercharged 6G, but I need some time to prep the car [wheels/tyres/ suspension & generally making sure it wont fall apart !]before I go for the engine work - I WILL have one of your kits - eventually Â*</div>

Is there something we can do to promote our product to you, is it price or product… a combination, do you feel your car can’t be as fast as we express it to be?

We can try having another GB, with a more aggressive price for the TGC guys only, providing there is a want. It’s a shame your letting this sit back, the Galants turn into sick little sleepers with our KIT… The 4cyl makes up to 252whp and the V6 is up to 313who now.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(evil-G-nious (aka Kimya))</div><div class='quotemain'>I would love to donate my car for the test fitting for the automatic 4cyl on a 7g. One problem, I live in LA now. The other thing is I am broke right now so...but if you can think of some way around the distance, I Â*will be more than happy to let you guys use my car</div>

We have no 7th gen planned, the Galant community has not shown the level of support, we would need to continue proto typing for it, we need to know that you are willing to invest into our projects before we can commit to n=more product.

Regards,
    Rippmods

The Ripp Test 4cyl Galant would be mine. Im a 100% happy with the kit, the car is running just fine, no engine problems. Im working on getting a portion of the next stage of the Super Charger kit which uses methanol. And Im trying to take it to the track to get some numbers, all in due time though.

If you have any questuons about the kit or you just curious you can PM or instant message me my screen name is Leagon91.

The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

Yeah Ross is right, the response for the kits have been weak from the Galant crowd, the Eclipses are tearing them up. When I went in being the test car I figured once I was done you guys would be snatching up the kits like hot cakes. It seemed that way when Ross was posting pictures of how the kit was coming along back in 2002, the topic had like 3 to 5 pages of people saying I want the kit. Now its out and everyone just stop talking about it.
    The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast