The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: RIPP SDS 4cyl kit DONE and Dyno'd (Automatic)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Showing results 101 to 120 of 122
    RIPPMODS
    Quote Originally Posted by GalantT3
    The Ripp Test 4cyl Galant would be mine. Im a 100% happy with the kit, the car is running just fine, no engine problems. Im working on getting a portion of the next stage of the Super Charger kit which uses methanol. And Im trying to take it to the track to get some numbers, all in due time though.

If you have any questuons about the kit or you just curious you can PM or instant message me my screen name is Leagon91.

Hey D... The Intercooler kit is coming this Monday... looking good... pulleys should be in by them as well, we are just now completing the Lancer kit, so it's in front of the pulleys production... the tester wants his car back... Like you did last year!... just a few short steps and we will have finished that kit as well...

Glad to see they let you out of work for a minute..... I know you've got crazy hours...

I'm not upset with this group, just seems like they have not taken advantage of the product...as much as they seemed they were going to.

I've asked what we can do or offer to help promote sales, but still no interest... we CAN ONLY offer help, it's up to you to take advantage of it... Make a proposal up... we just might say yes!

Rippmods

I4_dymond
    I'm serious in getting the kit (Stage 2) I just need to get exhaust done on mine before I put it on. Dont know whether to go to 2.5" or 3" pipe. What diameter are you using for the stage 2??? How much is it running for $$$ and what kind of numbers you getting out of the dyno??

akiraflux
    my problem is the humongous chunk of cash that it takes. lookin at damn near 5k for the stage 2. if i had a better payin job i'd snatch it up in an instant. as it is now i'm having a hard enough time just affording the little stuff...

people with eclipses make more. that's why they have eclipses.

island boy
    whats up rippmods and fellow galant center members
    well i been doing a lot of research on FI for the past year. From all the different turbo kits that came out for the 3G and your SDS, all the beef that came out about witch one is better. I did the noz thing, but it did not tickel my pickel, so i been saving up to get FI. But this is what i came up with. You can get a turbo kit that produce less HP for a cheaper price then the SDS, less quality and have heat problem witch leads to bigger things. I not saying that the kits out there are not bad ass, cause i seen some nice kits. but in the long run your kit will fall apart or your engine will and it is hard to keed your car an every day driver with a turbo with high HP.
    Me I am an every day guy that owns a galant, dont got a high paying job and want my car to go fast. I cant afford a sports car, so i am here trying to hook up what i got. I cant afford for my car to brake down or allways puting money in it to keep it from braking down. So what i am looking for is quality,reliable, and nice HP numbers FI and ripps SDS has all of that.
    so what i am saying my fellow TGC members letts get on the ban wagon of fast cars and start something.
    well the way it look ripps you got 4 people ready for the SDS stage two kit. hook it up with a nice price.

akiraflux
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(island boy)</div><div class='quotemain'>stuff stuff stuff. yadda yadda yadda</div>

exactly. i want a fast car but turbo's just fuck yer car up too easily. if the sds is as safe as you say it is i WOULD get it if i could just scrape together the money. as it is i'm coming into a large portion of money sometime around the end of the year. at that point i'll probably pick up a stage 2 once i see more info on it.

akiraflux
    i've been curious. what sort of mpg hit do you take with the sds system on a i4?

Fast99ES
    Thats a good question, also I have about 75000 miles on my ride, is this gonna cause problems with the system? I heard forced indutction on higher mileage vehicles isnt good. Any answers Ross?

leadfoot
    Quote Originally Posted by akiraflux
    Quote Originally Posted by island boy
    stuff stuff stuff. yadda yadda yadda
    exactly. i want a fast car but turbo's just fuck yer car up too easily. if the sds is as safe as you say it is i WOULD get it if i could just scrape together the money. as it is i'm coming into a large portion of money sometime around the end of the year. at that point i'll probably pick up a stage 2 once i see more info on it.
    if you want your galant to hall ass and be safe the SDS is the best way to go. i have spoken with people about there sds's and i have been told that a i4 SDS stock can out run a 3.5 nissan altima( oh i forgot the raping the 300hp northstar cadi got from the tester also very fast) you may not know this but the altima has a 3.5 litter motor pushing 240hp and the same in torgue they are very quick. they run the 1/4 mile in a 14.9 to a 14.7 so that means the sds can easily get into the 14's now if you have a V6 i dont know exactly what vegas matt has on his car but his too has a SDS and he pushing 13.8's he taken his fare share of camero SS and mustange GTs big block V8 that are very fast.

I know I know

For me, I live in Cali, and with Cali comes CARB and smog testing. I saw a little earlier that there was a breif mention of this but I wanted to see what Ripp mods had to say about this. With the SDS system for the I4 galant, how much will it cost to have it CARB approved. Personally I don't want to have to take the bad boy out when I go to the smog center, or run around to try and find a shady character willing to hook me up. What are your recommendations, because if and if I were to get this SDS system, which will probably be late next year as a reasonable guess, I'd like to have the facts laid out on the table so I can get the cash together and all. So my question is how much for carb approval ratings, install here in Fresno Cali, and anything else thats needed on top of of course the hardware.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

Phase24
    who gives a shit bout that smog bullshit

ionno where ur from, but in california passing the smog test is a big..BIG deal. the state has very strict guidelines, if not the strictest in the US, and if u go thru a legit test, and dont pass, then u wont be able to register ur car when that time comes around

Phase24
    is this the same as emissions test?

CARB

Obviously seeing I live in California I know the details into the smog testing. What I want to know is if the SDS system can be CARB aproved. thats my question not what SMOG tesing and Carb is about..
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

i was replying to phase's post about not giving a damn about smog testing

CARB

Alright thats cool. Alright now that were all clear on this, the board is for Turbo, supercharers and NOS. I'm gonna ask this to Ripp MODs or anyone who has the RIPP mods SDS on their galants. IS it possible and how much does it cost to get it carb approved and to answer Phase24's question yes CARB is what california and a couple other states do for their emmisions testing.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

Phase24
    i have the sds. ill let u know when i have to go get it tested.

CARB

Thanks Phase24 look forward to that. If Ripp Mods reads this and they know what it'll cost for CARb approval of their SDS I'd like to know cause patience is killer.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

YO

Has anybody heard from RIPP in a while. I think they forgot about us again. OH well I guess it doesn't matter seeing I'll not be getting the SDS for a while although I'd STill like to know about the Headers RIPP. They CARB approved or what? c'mon keep us imformed this is good for all of us to be in the loop.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

the boosted gs
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(I4_dymond)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm serious in getting the kit (Stage 2) I just need to get exhaust done on mine before I put it on. Â*Dont know whether to go to 2.5" or Â*3" pipe. What diameter are you using for the stage 2??? How much is it running for $$$ and what kind of numbers you getting out of the dyno??</div>

I am running a prototyped 'Stage 2' kit and I am running the magnaflow catback, which I believe is 2.25' in diameter.

Pricing has yet to be released, but will be in the near future. Keep an eye on www.rippmods.com for more information.

'Stage 2' Water/Methanol #'s:
    The auto is laying down 250WHP @ 8-9PSI with the 'Stage 2' water/methanol injection. The 5-spd numbers @ 8-9PSI with 'Stage 2' water methanol injection are coming soon (expect about 270-280WHP though).

'Stage 2' FMIC #'s:
    The auto 4G64 has not been intercooled as of yet, to my knowledge. The 5-spd is making 240WHP @ 8PSI.

*Keep in mind these #'s will continue to rise as more and more maps are written. The 6G72 is a prime example of this concept!

the boosted gs
    double post...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast