The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8g really agressive wheels? (dual offset)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 44 of 44
    You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    I do think we are talking about two different wheels. Those wheels are not your typical offset wheels. They look like they are the same width all the way around, but have a different offset b/w front and back. The typical ones Ive seen on most cars would be for example: 8in wide in the front & 9-9.5in in the rear. Hence giving you a deep dish lip in the rear.
    Like this for instance...

Has wider wheels in the back for better traction and to have the larger rear lip.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by 4g64terror View Post
    well ill probably roll on 18's but i still want the offset lip...Ivory why do you keep bringing up rolling the fenders??? i want a wider lip in the back, not a bow-legged wheel...they can do this with offset hence the Axis and R1 systems
    the AXIS wheels i mentioned DO NOT have a different offset for front and rear but DO have different lip widths; they accomplish this via different face depths (shallow in front and deep in rear). offset is exactly the same front and rear (ET 40 aka +40mm). i think you (and many others) may be confused w/ what "offset" is and are using the word erroneously.

quick explanation about offset: imagine all of this from the view of the car from directly behind it. offset is the plane where the wheel meets the hub in relation to the centerline (0 offset) of the wheels width. changing offset while keeping the width constant effectively moves the wheel in or out from the centerline of the car; a low or negative offset pushes the rims out and conversely a high offset sucks the wheels in under the car.

here is a good artilce explaining offset (if my explanation didn't convey the definition well enough):

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoWheelOffsets.dos

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Thk u, I think that finally clarifies the definition of "Offset" for every1.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

i have no idea why he posted that as i am very familiar with the definition of offset
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123