The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: bodykit qs????

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

bodykit qs????

i finally got some $$ and i was wondering if i should save up to get a bodykit.... what is the cheapest bodykit available?? and what are average prices for paint and install???
    oh and does any one have a pic of a bodykit on a car with the 2" progress drop?? will it be too low???
    if i cant afford it i think i might just go with the cf hood......
    I dont need to post my mods, i know i got the hottest galant in tally, and thats all that matters to me! http://photos.yahoo.com/fsubk

i would say the chapest bodykit right now is that new VIS kit, that runs on ebay for about $600, and is nicer than the shogun n 384 kit IMO!! - paint and install is where its gonna kill you though - say about $1000+, because modification is needed also, maybe less!!! - Rich (BGR) has a progress drop, check his ride out!! you can ride on your stock shocks n struts in the meantime until they blow out, but when they do either buy some more oem struts etc, or get some kybs agx's or some koni's!! too low?? whats too low?? - j/k - no it won't, just perfect!!!

go with the cf hood, since its a group buy on it for a good price, and the price might get better also, since there will be 20+ after i join in!!
    Semper Fi'

how much you think it will cost to paint the evo hood??? i want it bodega beige...i really dont wanna join the group buy unless i can afford gettin it paitned too...
    I dont need to post my mods, i know i got the hottest galant in tally, and thats all that matters to me! http://photos.yahoo.com/fsubk

lol - shit, i don't know homie - get some estimates around town - if you can't afford to get it painted right away, leave it as is for that time until you got some extra $ to get it painted - my guess would be $150-$300
    Semper Fi'

ewgiii
    whats the VIS kit look like?

the VIS kit is the initial V kit. its the ones that people like caly and lazarus have.

uhm as for the install, price will vary dramatically. first of all the paint. different colors, different paints. some of the basic colors like black are gonna be cheaper than some of the custom colors and the metallic paints so price will vary on that. also the number of layers you do choose to put on. there are paint jobs out there that start around 100 for shitty maaco and up over 30k for some custom ones. also, depending on how much body work u do on the car, u might wanna spend a few extra dollars and get the whole car repainted.

then u got the molding of the kit. u could just slap the kit on, end of story. or you can get it molded on and make it looks like it belonged on the car. depending on how much molding u do, will affect the price too

and o yea ur body man. his labor rates ur backyard body man's prices are gonna be significantly lower than maybe a world renoun professional. but my suggestion is to ask around, se e who ppeople go to in ur area and check out their rates. a body kit is a big investment and u don't wanna ruin that investment by doing a half ass install

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.