The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Well this was supposed to be a winter project...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 76
    looking good so far man i wish u were closer i would come and check it out in person
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    nice brian looking really good cant wait to see it when its finished

Keep it up bro, let me know when the monster is complete
    The Altima

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Yeah tomorrow im gonna trim the bumper a little in the corners so the intercooler pipes can be modified for their final fitment, then I can get them welded. Tomorrow im ordering all my fuel system parts. I cringe at spending $200 on AN fittings and hoses.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    noice!

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

looking good man. the only thing that i see a problem with is that upper rad hose. will it have enough give to move with the motor? just thinking having a solid hose would create some problem with the motor moving when you get on and off the gas.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Yeah I considered that when I made it. For that reason, the end of the hard pipe that connects to the water neck on the head will be about 3" away from the neck and there will be a silicone connector there, that will give it enough flex. My motor also doesnt move around that much as I am running solid urethane motor mounts all around.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Yeah I considered that when I made it. For that reason, the end of the hard pipe that connects to the water neck on the head will be about 3" away from the neck and there will be a silicone connector there, that will give it enough flex. My motor also doesnt move around that much as I am running solid urethane motor mounts all around.
    ic! lol just crossed my mind that, that might not be good.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Ok so I got ALOT of work done today, my fiance hijacked my camera cable so no pics for a few hours....

im hoping to pull the tranny tomorrow or start doing the energy suspension bushing kit, depends on what time I wake up and how cranky I am.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

ok so here are the pics from today. I was able to cut and fit all the intercooler pipes, I trimmed the front bumper so that it clears the intercooler, I finished the wastegate dump tube and radiator hose. I am going to have all the stuff welded up this week. Next week is suspension, weekend after is fuel system, then finish the body work and paint.

The intercooler pipes themselves were fairly easy to get setup. I only have 5 welds total for the intercooler pipes. I for the upper pipe, one for the hotside pipe, one for the BOV and one for the Intake Air Temp sensor (for AEM EMS). getting this setup was alot easier than I originally anticipated.

99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

very nice!! very nice!!!
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    oh man looking really good brian

looking good man, i cant wait to see this thing make some power, id like to hear it running straight downpipe when complete
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

LOL

Straight downpipe is sooooo loud!
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Okay so my pipes are all welded up and looking good. No pics of them yet as I want to get them hot tanked to get any little bits of aluminum dust/shavings out from cutting them and once they are cleaned im gonna polish them up real nice. All my fuel system components have finally come in and my custom feed fitting was made by the local hose shop. Due to the design of our sending unit there is no real way to get a AN fitting for the feed line on the sending unit itself, so what I did was cut off the hard line connector under the car right before the tank where it meets the rubber line. I took the hardline piece from my parts car. By doing this you retain your factory hardline in case you ever want to go back to a stock like fuel system and you also retain the factory connection on the feed line. I had a -6 AN brazed onto the hardline so the -6 will run all the way to the inline pump which will be mounted behind the main cross member, then the outlet on the inline pump is a -8 which goes into an inline filter which then goes into a 4 or 5 foot section of -8 hose then into the fuel rail.

The return line is a bit tricky. Mitsu designed this sending unit and return line the way they did for a very specific reason. I havent completely decided how im going to do the return line, I have a really good idea as you can see I already have a -6 AN return line fitting on the sending unit which was easier than I thought, but their might be a bigger picture here that im missing, so I wont really know the deal until I get this thing running and I can see my fuel pressure coming back to the tank and decide if my idea will work or not. Anyhow, here are a few pics of the parts and such. Im going to install the feed and inline pump this afternoon, more pics to follow.

99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

fuel system installed today....

unplugged hose to stock hardline and hooked up my hardline with the AN fitting

ran some -6AN line up to the inline pump....

inline pump and filter installed

ran -8 line out of the filter and up to the rail rail, there is just enough space to go up thru the gap between the crossmember and the firewall, this way the line is no where near the downpipe. Something about a 1200 degree pipe and a gas line coming in contact makes me uneasy.

99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

omg i cant wait to see this done
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Damn i always love reading about your builds this one is turning out to be beautiful. i cant wait to see it when its up and running
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

okay so all day today I was thinking to myself "I gotta stop at the speed shop on the way home and get a straight -8 fitting for my fuel feed line because the 90 isnt cutting it." So I do just that, then I get home and get totally side tracked and I end up relocating my oil cooler and some other work. I am just glad I got the oil cooler to fit in a location that will get decent airflow, the last thing I wanted was to tuck it out of the way and run another fan, another relay and more wiring. I HATE WIRING! So the other work I was referring to was the A/C, thats right, A/C is BACK! No more sweating my balls off on a 102 degree humid July day.

tweaked the line a little bit to clear the back of the JDM headlight. I totally lucked out as my parts car was hit in the right front but all the A/C stuff I needed was fine. For now I just got it all in place but im gonna take it all apart again and paint the silver lines black so they blend in and im gonna replace all the o-rings so im not leaking R134 all over my nice parts.

hott.....I mean........Cool!

99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

lookin goood
    8g tranny is being rebuilt and waiting on ground control coilovers
    7g is just sitting motor and tranny is out(need to finish, just lazy)
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast