The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Information on the 6G75

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Information on the 6G75

I am looking for the measurements of the engine to see if the engine and transmission from the 9G will fit in my 8G.

??? why not just do an evo swap??? or get into a hybrid 64/63???
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

^cause this is original and i love the idea and i say you should do it!

are you planning on getting a new galant with a v6 in it and then swapping? cause i think the mounts are still the same if i'm not mistaken.

I'm sure it fits, but besides possible engine mount fab, you may need to fab a hood with a raised center to accommodate any change in engine height.

You can do the 6G74 from the Diamante rather easily. I believe it even bolts in to the factory V6 engine mounts, which if you have a I4 you will need some minor mods to fit.

Absolute
    Yeah. The guy asking for the information has the V6 model. I on the other hand, have the I4 under my hood. I came up with the idea and he said that he was just going to do the 6G74 swap instead. I was thinking of this because I wanted to be unique and have some bigger power numbers under my hood. Plus, if a supercharger or turbo kit is produced for this engine, I will have even more power. There is a first for everything, so why not try it? I plan on putting the V6 mounts in my Galant when I do the engine swap.