The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: beam514's 99 Galant: 3.5L Swap

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Showing results 341 to 360 of 551
    You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Adrian u need to post some full size pix, not these baby thumbnails! LOL! Even when I click the pic to open in a new window its still tiny!
    huh?? haha if you click on the pic, it takes you to my photobucket then you gotta click on the picture to zoom in. That's the largest that photobucket will allow me to upload, cause I'm uploading the raw photo and it's automatically resizing it :P

but typically I post the thumbnails with them set as a direct link, so it doesn't go to the photobucket thingy. It's just when there's a large pool of photos, it takes too long cause I have individually reset the thumbnail code

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Yeah I clicked the thumbnail, & it went to the photobucket link but the pic was so small and the quality was low. Maybe bcz it took me to the mobile version bcz Im on my iPhone... Dah well! LOL!
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

So I just picked up a "spoon" lip for a 98-01 Integra. I don't have any pics yet, but basically it has the shape of the Type-R lip, with the holes of the Mugen. I don't have the money to get it painted right now, and my bumper looks like shit anyway, so I think I'm just going to mount it. Once I get it fitted, I might cover it in blue tape and a bunch of stickers just for the hell of it.. cause I'm that cool hahahah

I just need "moar low", some nice wheels, and sticker lip for HELLAAFLUSHHHHHH YOOOOOO

Pix or ban!
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    NOOOoOOO! I was going to buy that lip next paycheck lol. Well I guess I will see how it turns out before I get it now :) good luck! its a sexy sexy lip

Quote Originally Posted by showtime View Post
    NOOOoOOO! I was going to buy that lip next paycheck lol. Well I guess I will see how it turns out before I get it now :) good luck! its a sexy sexy lip
    haha dang I didn't even know anyone had heard of this lip before. Yeah, I like the lip a lot and I'm excited to mount it. It's polyurethane, not ABS, so mounting it is gonna be a little interesting since it's so flexible.

And I waited until I got my paycheck too... which was $60 for doing hard garden work for my mom! lol paid for my new lip

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    haha dang I didn't even know anyone had heard of this lip before. Yeah, I like the lip a lot and I'm excited to mount it. It's polyurethane, not ABS, so mounting it is gonna be a little interesting since it's so flexible.

And I waited until I got my paycheck too... which was $60 for doing hard garden work for my mom! lol paid for my new lip
    Where did you get it from? Wonder if I can get my hands on one of those.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

I picked it up locally from a guy on Craigslist. I have a feeling he has a few of them

I'm currently in the process of installing it. I'm trying to maintain the "teeth" in the lower grill of the bumper, so I'm cutting notches in the lip to make it fit.

found this on ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SPOON...Q5fAccessories

$73 shipped, not bad, considering I had to drive out of my way a little bit to meet up with the guy
    Also, like I said previously, this lip is polyurethane, NOT ABS like a lot of the mugen lip. That makes this lip a lot more flexible and easier to work with. I'm feeling pretty confident with making it flush with the bumper.
    Last edited by beam514; 09-06-2010 at 09:18 PM

looks like a type r with mugen vents, should look legit if you can make it fit well, best of luck adrian
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

so it's getting too dark outside to continue working, so I'll pick it up again tomorrow.

Safety First!!

Cutting the lip with a knife from a multi-tool. Some parts also required a dremel, but I think I could do the entire lip without a dremel if need be

if you want the lip flush at the lower grill, this is how much material to remove + about another 3/4 inch

You know how Mom always told you to cut AWAY from your other hand? yeah.. make sure to do that.

done cutting the center to fit with the lower grill while still maintaining the bar in the bumper

but good news and bad news:
    Good news: this lip looked badass when mocked up. I love the shape and leaving it black will really go well with my black and white theme up front (plus I don't have any money to paint it right now)

Bad news: The holes have quite some surface area behind the lip itself, so they're hitting the bumper lip right under the fog lights. I'm going to have to trim down these holes (which will give it less depth)
    Last edited by beam514; 09-06-2010 at 10:12 PM

Looks good! Now put it on! Lol!
    JDM Zenki Conversion

lol it's too dark! but check the post above for updated pics :)

lol it's too dark! but check the post above for updated pics :)
    DARK, SMARK! Thats what they made Halogen bulbs for! LOL!
    JDM Zenki Conversion

shhh Will I'm not talking to you since you didn't show up to the GReddy meet and see Emerson's mom's Lambo! lol

so I'm facing a dilemma:
    1) I can cut the hole intakes on the lip itself, making them appear bigger, and then they'll fit with the bumper behind the lip. The hole will appear much wider than it already looks, and you might see the bumper behind the hole

or
    2) cut holes in the bumper for the intake hole to fit through the bottom of the bumper

Just cut holes in your bumper for the ducts on the lip, then get a brake duct kit and run it to your brakes!!!!! I'm not even joking.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

ahhh "ducts".. that's the word lol. I don't know why I couldn't think of that! Total mind blank. I'm too hungry and haven't eaten dinner yet I guess LOL

shhh Will I'm not talking to you since you didn't show up to the GReddy meet and see Emerson's mom's Lambo! lol
    STFU & GTFO! LOL! There was no Lambo! And I wanted to go but I had to study!
    JDM Zenki Conversion

haha you guys are fun. Really good mock-up man, Thanks for doing the research for me. I'll decided if I want to go through with it or not when I see your results lol!

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    very nice buddy, when you finish this I am going to copy you! Looks great already

looks good mate, cut the bumper

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast