The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: beam514's 99 Galant: 3.5L Swap

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 551
    You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Okay so I am finally trying to do my 6g74 swap.. but one of the water pump mounting bolts decided to break on the 74.. soo need to get that out and finish the timing belt job on that

and I can't get these damn axles out..

Quote Originally Posted by remarque View Post
    You dont have to take the vents out to paint them, I just spray painted them in the car. Did the same for the upper dash also.

You have got to be kidding me...What about overspray?

Car is looking good.
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

Quote Originally Posted by wright06jhs View Post
    You have got to be kidding me...What about overspray?
    x2

You must be a helluva prep guy. So you taped off the windshield; laid stuff on the seats, etc?

So Adrian.... how is this going? Is the 3.0 out yet?
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

what is all this shit in my thread? haha

and yes the 3.0 was out as of 3:00-ish today. Only took 3 of us, two of them no automotive experience (my dad and my friend.. thats a girl haha)

Removal really wasn't that bad except the front exhaust manifold got stuck to the pipe below and we didn't realize at first so the engine was angling weird, BUT.. when we finally corrected that we didn't even need a load stabilizer to tilt the engine. With the transmission, the whole assembly tilts at the perfect angle for removal.

here's some pics:

yeap that's me. I'm a youngin

I have some video's too but this computer doesn't like to load them correctly so I'll put them up later
    Last edited by beam514; 07-10-2009 at 11:47 PM

Okay guys, the 74 is mated to the automatic transmission, so they are ready to be dropped in tomorrow (Thursday)
    I'll see how much wiring up and such I can complete after dropping it in. My hopes are to have it running by Saturday

6g74 is in. Gonna start plugging everything back in.

That looks good bro. What are your plans for it?

Seems that is going well. Your going to love that 74 :D I know i do in my Eclipse and it is too an automatic.

How many miles on the 6G74?

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    Wow give u Props man sure coming along great
    03 I4

Quote Originally Posted by wright06jhs View Post
    Seems that is going well. Your going to love that 74 :D I know i do in my Eclipse and it is too an automatic.

How many miles on the 6G74?
    it has 69,000 miles on it. Are you using the stock 6G72 injectors or did you tune for the 275's?

stvn_mj: I don't know my future plans for it yet really. For now I'm just hoping it starts and runs okay haha. I would eventually like to be able to tune for the 275 injectors, but that means swapping ECU's as my 1999 is not flash able. Problem is if I switch to a 2001 ECU or the like, then I'll get a code after doing the 5 speed swap (which is for sure happening in the future). Can't have codes here in cali :(

Well good luck. Seeing all these v6 swaps makes me wish I had a v6.

looking good man, i cant wait to tear into my G like that and swap motors. cant wait to hear that thing running.
    98 Galant ES
    Current Mods - To many to mention here.
    Future Plans - 4G63T swap and 5 speed swap
    Big Thanks To YOU ALL for all the help you provide

looks great man! Gotta love the "rite of passage" smiling from inside the engine bay shot.
    I think i have a few of those lol.

The '64 has got such a cooler sound over the 62. You can actually hear the stroke of the motor when you hit it WOT with a CAI.
    (i made a custom CAI for my dad's old diamante)
    they are so torque'y

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

okay guys I need some help. I know there's some people here that have done the swap

As you can see circled in yellow and green, there are two of those gold colored things (NO idea what these are called...). The green one is located on top of the TPS, the yellow is above where the throttle cable actually meets the TB. My 6g72 TB only has one of the gold things, so I'm not sure what's going on here. As far as I can tell, the one circled in green connects to the black box circled in red. I have no idea where the yellow one connects too though..

Also, on the back side of the manifold is this little one too. Not sure where that goes. Possibly connects to the gold thing circled in yellow?
    Last edited by beam514; 07-17-2009 at 03:31 PM

blue8g
    i wish i could tell ya but other than that issue it looks great!

What you have circled in red and yellow should connect to each other via vacuum hose. That is for your cruise control. The Green... not sure. My Diamante throttle body does not have that, but it looks as though you don't have an EGR Valve on the back of your plenum near the throttle body. What year is this engine again?
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    it has 69,000 miles on it. Are you using the stock 6G72 injectors or did you tune for the 275's?
    My 6G74 is running right now with the stock 6G72 injectors and stock 2000 ECU, with no CEL's or anything. It runs great and gets the same gas mileage as the 6G72 did but with more power :D . Without a tune you will still recognize the power difference between the motors, and you will be amazed. I do know tho you will see a much better power gain if you swap the 275's in and get a tune done.

I know for sure when i swap a 74 in my Stratus i'm not going to do it until i find someone to tune my car and can get both done at the same time. Im having such a hard time finding someone to tune my car in this area :(

I'm hoping for at least 200WHP because there's a guy on Club3g with a Stratus that is putting down 196WHP with the 6G72 with MR headers, Diamante MANI/TB, exhaust, Colder plugs/wires, CAI and a few other small things. So i'm sure with a good tune plus these few mods you can hit atleast the 200whp mark.

Matt this is a 2002, and there is an EGR valve on the back of the plenum, just can't see it in the picture. I really don't know what that little tube on the back is for though.. or the green one if you say the yellow connects to the red. On the 6g72 the red connected to a similar thing in the location of the green one (above the TPS) soo I'm not sure what to think of this just yet

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast