The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: beam514's 99 Galant: 3.5L Swap

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Showing results 121 to 140 of 551
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue8G View Post
    oooh yeah x2 on the braille battery i want to get one!
    X3 especially for my already swapped Eclipse.
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

Dude Adrian awesome work! Cant wait to hear a clip as well!
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    still need to find time to put some vids from my camera on my dad's laptop to clear up some space on the memory card.

but anyway my Anti-Lock light decided to randomly come on last night on the freeway... on my way to go down some twisties.. and i mean lots of twisties. Decker Canyon Road to be exact. I still went down anyway and didn't have any problems. Turned the car off when, went to the beach, and came back this morning and the light didn't come back on. BUT, on the way back up some other twisties, the light came on again, then turned off when I started the car again after breakfast, then came on again on the freeway.

So I searched and there seems to be multiple things that could be the problem. Wheel bearings being bad, excessive differences in RPMs of the wheels, and not sure what else. I am 99.9999% the car has not gotten the wheel bearings replaced and it has about 155,000 miles LOL

Could be as simple as a wheel speed sensor too, or ive heard it call the ABS sensor. Whatever it is.

I tackle twisties without ABS on the regular. I personally like cars without ABS better, It just makes the car more of a car than a computer IMO.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    I tackle twisties without ABS on the regular. I personally like cars without ABS better, It just makes the car more of a car than a computer IMO.
    ABS is not a necessary thing none of my three cars have had it (well the Avenger had it....it didn't work tho), plus locking up all four in a panic stop is something everyone should do it's the craziest experience of my time behind the wheel so far!

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    +1 on that. I don't like ABS much at all, have had some bad experiences in cars with it.

hate to sound like a follower but I dont have it on the g or on any of the other cars that i had. I have driven in cars with both and i prefer without abs. as jigz said it just feels like a car without it.
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

well I just want the damn light to go away and stay away. Pretty sure I won't be locking up my brakes ever. But this light will make me not pass SMOG, no? I need to get the car scanned, but the light only turns on every once in awhile

blue8g
    disconnect the light...........

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue8G View Post
    disconnect the light...........
    that will not help him pass smog
    03 I4

damn, california will fail you if the ABS light is on?? WTF?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_o2 View Post
    that will not help him pass smog
    thats true, and ABS only lets you pick a target and hope for the best. on the side, its sweet to see how far you have come with your G. i wish i could say my G is going along so well, lol
    98 Galant ES
    Current Mods - To many to mention here.
    Future Plans - 4G63T swap and 5 speed swap
    Big Thanks To YOU ALL for all the help you provide

I am pretty sure any code that would show up on an OBDII scanner will make you fail SMOG.

correct
    03 I4

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    My smog place that I go to didnt make me put on my stock intake, I had the same setup you had, stock piping w/ MAF adapter & cone filter. He said it was cool. Its an exhaust/SMOG shop that me & Jimmy are familiar with in Inglewood...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Do you have a name and address of the place? Its about an hour south of me, but I'm actually heading down that direction soon. I just need to figure out this damn ABS stuff though, cause the light keeps coming on after about 10-15 miles of continual driving

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    PM Sent
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    I am pretty sure any code that would show up on an OBDII scanner will make you fail SMOG.
    i passe dwith my anti lock light being on,dude seen it and everything it never comes off and cant be deleted

J&J its on La Brea on the south of aborvita on the east side of the La brea its a yelllow building. If they give u any problems just tell them u know jimmy with the silver and black galant
    03 I4

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast