The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Evolution -G-rim: The build Thread (Pics Galore)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 133
    looks good brother!

G-rim is such an inspiration to me.

because by the time I'm done with school and shit, my 8G will be the same age as G-rim when you started.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    so tell, me do the led's work as a blinker or parking/ driving lights? looks pretty sick man

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    They are parking/drive lights Lawrence. Thanks...I am just cleaning up some of the wiring a little and hopefully take a couple better pics.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    Kev that looks so sick!

I saw an R8 the other day and the LEDs were the first thing that caught my eye. It was in a line of traffic but I heard the growl and saw that glare, I'm sure your car would grab my attention the same way. Sweet as always, keep it up.

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

Well its been awhile since I posted any type of progress to -G-rim and honestly...not too much I have done to the car lately. I am mostly gathering parts here and there for the next big upgrade(s).:evil:

Well I wanted to do something to the car as of late. I decided to do some interior changes.

One thing that I never really liked about -G-rim is the 2 toned interior. The bottom portion was a light color and it showed its age and easily shows dirt. I like a really dark interior and found a 7g locally that a guy is parting out and bought the pieces I need to swap to a dark interior.

Here is the original interior before I swapped out pieces.

Here is most of the stuff torn down. I also replaced the vent actuator because of the infamous "clicking" from the previous one.

I swapped the glove box door lock from the original one to the new glove box

Here are pics after the new pieces were installed.

Got some Nokya hyper yellow bulbs for my highbeams and installed them. Nothing big.

I saw pics of a JDM 6g Galant VR4 with the "donut" headrests a few months ago and wanted them bad because they look soo much better than the "breadloaf" headrests. Well after finding out from my JDM source how much they are which were $400 for the pair...I decided HELL NO. My boy who owns a shop owns a couple Starions and he had a pair of leather headrests that matched the interior of my GVR4 and he gave them to me. Well they fit PERFECTLY into the stock GVR4 seats and look 100x's better than the original headrests.

Well obviously I got a idea and decided to "try" them on the stock 7g seats. Well, the fit PERFECTLY!! Well I acquired a set of Conquest donut headrests that were in awsome condition. Now I am rocking these headrests and look soo much better
    Last edited by 4-G-rim; 05-20-2009 at 06:21 PM

oooooooh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! those donut headrests in your 7g would match my GS interior perfectly!!!!!!!
    i want i want!!!!!

kevin, i'm surprised you didn't snag the starion seats in their entirety.
    Peano is rocking them in his 7g and they look fantastic.
    I'm pretty sure he bolted them in with very very minimal effort.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    oooooooh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! those donut headrests in your 7g would match my GS interior perfectly!!!!!!!
    i want i want!!!!!

kevin, i'm surprised you didn't snag the starion seats in their entirety.
    Peano is rocking them in his 7g and they look fantastic.
    I'm pretty sure he bolted them in with very very minimal effort.
    Me and Matt have been talking about how he got the Starion seats into his 7g. I actually went to buy them yesterday..but to keep a long story short, the drivers side seat was really bad shape.

I am keeping a eye out for some starion seats, but also considering actual "racing" seats too.

Buy yeah....I really love the headrests!

damn i wish i kept my 7g a lil longer but its in good hands now. i see it everyday but i dnt get to drive it :( damn my lil brother lol

7G giving to brother: EATSLEEPJDM
    Team ID08055-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWgDB7VGTv0

siniGANG represent!

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    Me and Matt have been talking about how he got the Starion seats into his 7g. I actually went to buy them yesterday..but to keep a long story short, the drivers side seat was really bad shape.

I am keeping a eye out for some starion seats, but also considering actual "racing" seats too.

Buy yeah....I really love the headrests!
    the fabric on those donuts looks exactly like the microsuede trim on my GS seats.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    I was gonna suggest the same thing with the starion seats, and if the seat is ripped, why not get them redone in the leather of your choice. what about 2g or evo seats
    every since VRG or VR6 did the FTO seats in his car i've always wanted to do them.

I am looking at a few options for new seats. I am just looking for the best deal on the options I have. I am not looking to spend alot since I can't justify spending alot of money on them right now. I am also looking for something that looks somewhat "OEM" in the car...I am not trying to grab attention for people to look inside the car. Evo 8 or 9 Recaros would be sweet..but the going rate for them right now a little much, but you never know...they are worth it. Seats are kinda down in the priority list on what I want to do with the car. I got some other things I want to do first...to make it go faster and handling better. I know seats will be a definite when the car starts seeing course track use...but for now, the OEM seats are doing well for daily driving use.

Just read through the whole thing and WOW your car has come a long way dude! I love it! Cant wait to see what it is you have in stock to boost your cars performance Kev
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory8g View Post
    Just read through the whole thing and WOW your car has come a long way dude! I love it! Cant wait to see what it is you have in stock to boost your cars performance Kev
    Thanks man! Sometimes I look at this thread from time to time just to see how far this car has come from.:p

:smt029
    I gathering up my ingredients..and when I got everything, imma start cookin!

Can't wait to see your upgrades G-Rim!!! We got to get together for a shoot or something when I get my ride up and running.

The seats look good but you could also look into Cloth Spray Paint for your seats to match the headrest.

A few people over on evom have been spraying the center section of there seats and have turned out pretty nice...
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

Not really an update but I found the autotrader ad that my fiance printed up when she was shopping for the Galant while organizing some stuff in my office.
    Last edited by 4-G-rim; 05-20-2009 at 06:22 PM

hey how did you get the JDM 8g strut brace to fit? I have one also but once fitted the hood does not close down on it properly - the AWD models have shorter strut towers would you believe while the FWD models have higher strut towers not allowing that brace to fit (this was on my 7G E54A jap model).

-Phil

Quote Originally Posted by fuel View Post
    hey how did you get the JDM 8g strut brace to fit? I have one also but once fitted the hood does not close down on it properly - the AWD models have shorter strut towers would you believe while the FWD models have higher strut towers not allowing that brace to fit (this was on my 7G E54A jap model).

-Phil
    it fits, you just got to trim the skeleton of the hood. i have it on mine as well

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Proto
    Mine fit just fine Chris ;)

My new license plate, and the police will like me more!

Last edited by 4-G-rim; 05-20-2009 at 06:23 PM

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    My new license plate, and the police will like me more!

lol you dick!!!!
    that was going to be my plate... well not the 64.
    I was getting my 4G63T plate in June lol.
    Good stuff kevin!!

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast