The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Evolution -G-rim: The build Thread (Pics Galore)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Showing results 101 to 120 of 133
    Sup Kev.. Can't wait to see what you have planned...
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    The pic i am posting is just a teaser...nothing crazy. Just a small snippet of what i got up my sleeve.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Grim is no more...as the project is now the Night Fury Project.

The inspiration of Grim was no longer proper as I am now raising a son and me personally "growing up". I accomplished great things with Grim...but now the car is going through a new life with big changes and a new purpose. Inspired from one of my sons favorite movies "How to train a Dragon" and personally I like it also...the new name of my 7g is now "Toothless"

This car is built with a dual purpose as a light daily driver and a weekend road course car. I have done alot on replacing the suspension and drivetrain with a massive overhaul even replacing 95% of the drivetrain/suspension bolts with brand new OEM bolts. Thanks to Tuners Nation and BC Racing...for my tailored built coilovers and looking to more involvment with BC Racing as progress into more intense road course events.

I will go into more detail after the car is done..but like I said, I am doing something on this car that has NEVER been done on the 7g platform in many aspects and will break ground for future enthusiasts to 7g.

3 of the only people that truly know that I got up my sleeve know my plans and have pushed me to post a teaser shots of the car. Those who counted me out of the game...BIG mistake, I am like Jordan coming out of retirement.

Last edited by 4-G-rim; 11-08-2011 at 08:02 PM

OOH epic! Now I'm waiting to see more!!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Coming out of his first retirement right? lol

Looks good Kev!

New fasteners are the shit. Especially the suspension. Makes everything so much easier to work with. Keep us posted Kev. Glad you didn't give your car the axe.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

I love it!!!!!!!!!

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    New fasteners are the shit. Especially the suspension. Makes everything so much easier to work with. Keep us posted Kev. Glad you didn't give your car the axe.
    Never intended to axe the car..though there were times the past couple months I did want to. Rear subframe is fairly new..just replaced the mounting bushings/stoppers on it.

The front was a whole different story since the car spent its first years of ownership in up state new york. Rust was my enemy..and almost every single component in the front suspension was infected with rust. With that said..a new front subframe and 90% of the front suspension is brand new or newer with no rust with all new OEM bolts/washers/nuts.

Lets just say my local Mitsubishi dealer know me by name and have created a special spot for me in their warehouse for all the parts I have been ordering.

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    Never intended to axe the car..though there were times the past couple months I did want to. Rear subframe is fairly new..just replaced the mounting bushings/stoppers on it.

The front was a whole different story since the car spent its first years of ownership in up state new york. Rust was my enemy..and almost every single component in the front suspension was infected with rust. With that said..a new front subframe and 90% of the front suspension is brand new or newer with no rust with all new OEM bolts/washers/nuts.

Lets just say my local Mitsubishi dealer know me by name and have created a special spot for me in their warehouse for all the parts I have been ordering.
    Haha I know what you mean man. My first GS was a local 1 owner car that stayed garaged. That thing was a dream to work on. The White GS is also from upstate New York(imagine that lol) I literally had to do the same thing you did. There were even bolts I had to saw apart. So when I went prothane, I started with all new bolts and control arms in the front and rear. Between that and snapping turbo bolts... new OEM fasteners are all my car has in the chassis, and on the engine.
    So I feel your pain,
    and I'll never buy another new york car lol and I'll never drive the GS in salt again.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Glad to know someone feels my pain..but opening the garage and seeing it sit the way it is now was worth all that crap.

In the end..at least I know I did things the right way, and this car deserves it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    that's my second reason for wanting to move to SC lol

hmmm, my 7G has been up here all it's life. i drive it in the snow and salt every year. I have literally no rust. i do however wash the undercarage everytime i drive it on the wintery roads.

I DEMAND MOAR PICS!!!!

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    hmmm, my 7G has been up here all it's life. i drive it in the snow and salt every year. I have literally no rust. i do however wash the undercarage everytime i drive it on the wintery roads.
    luckily the 7g is well sealed and undercoated from the factory. so no body rust. Just had the rusty bolts.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    that's my second reason for wanting to move to SC lol
    Seriously dude, come down to SC. I'll show you around.

It's great down here. Everything is... Slower. I like it. Cheaper too...
    -Andrew

Last teaser pic till the car is done....

GT though has a few more pics

John...I actually sprayed a new layer of undercoating in the wheel wells and undercarriage after sanding down few minor rust spots. Other than the front subframe and suspension parts with rust..majority of the undercarriage was uneffected. Toothless only spent 2 years in up state NY..so it wasn't exposed too long with salt saturated winter roads.

Looks like brand new non-awd spindles. So that at least for now narrows the list down a bit.
    I'm thinking a cage is in the works.
    Also noticed the cross member laying under your car so I'm sure you have the motor pulled for one reason or another. Unless that was just for the sub frame install.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

I dont want to deal with another AWD vehicle..i already have my GVR4 and now a Montero with a AWD system that is EPIC. I honestly like to drive FWD also...plus the light and nimble characteristics of Toothless is why its soo much fun to drive and i will lose that if i went awd. I am also inspired by the KBR Eclipse, destroying fwd stereotypes and this car isnt built to be a drag car either.

Plus my next awd vehicle is going to be imported in a couple years anyways. ;)

Hmmm....AWD import...curious

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Hmmmmm ;)

I gotta get both Galants running though 1st :)

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    Looks like brand new non-awd spindles. So that at least for now narrows the list down a bit.
    I'm thinking a cage is in the works.
    Also noticed the cross member laying under your car so I'm sure you have the motor pulled for one reason or another. Unless that was just for the sub frame install.
    Alot came off in the drivetrain and suspension for the overhaul and upgrades. My body has been sore the past few months doing this...times like this a shop lift would make a world of a difference.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast