The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: s-afc and ODBII, or FPR and Autometer Air/Fuel guage????

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    cdaw2001ES

s-afc and ODBII, or FPR and Autometer Air/Fuel guage????

Any recomndations one way or the other ?

S-AFC with ODB II system, or rpw"s fpr (If it fits???) and an autometer R/L , F/A meter

with Opthion 2, I can also get 4 corners of springs and stuts and still save a bit.

Well, you're really looking at two different setups. The S-afc will allow you to adjust your air fuel mixture and give you the most beneficial setting, but you need to be on a dyno to tune it correctly. It's normally a set it and froget it option.

The RPW FPR will allow you to adjust the pressure, but you won't get the accuracy with an air/fuel gauge, unless you get one that's calibrated. Keep in mind that the A/F gauge is only accurate at WOT and is primarily to make sure you don't run too lean at WOT.

Personally, I'm going with the FPR option, and yes, it will fit the 8G galants and is about a 30 minute bolt on based on conversations I've had with RPW. Hope that helps. I'm open to anyone else's expertise on this issue.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

cdaw2001ES
    Chip,
    When are you going to have that beast (fpr) installed and tested?

I really dont want to do the S-AFC cause I think I'm going to go halltech after all the mods. S afc would be another waste. Like the headers, but - would keep me going till I get there.

As soon as it gets here from Australia, I'll put it on that weekend. I know RPW was out of stock, but was supposed to be in this week. Been watching the street for the UPS truck like a kid waiting for the Good Humor man.

Chip
    Chip

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

cdaw2001ES
    I know the feeling, waiting for my headers and cat to get here.

Did you get the RPW headers? If so, let me know how the fitment went. I want to hear about the improvements David Thomas made since the prototype. On a side note, I just passed the three month mark on my headers and have absolutely no complaints. Just make sure whoever does your install knows what they're doing, especially about extending the rear O2 sensor. Have fun JT. I'll let you know when the FPR is up and running.

Chip
    Chip

cdaw2001ES
    No -I got the Kamakazi, I was really tempted to go with RPW, but then the group buy popped up. I've got the lowly I4, soon to be I4t