The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: SAme Good Headers

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

SAme Good Headers

I wanted to know if anyone found or have some good aftermarket headers for there car

edit: i thought this was for the 8g but its not maybe someone else would help u
    Last edited by spdracr; 03-18-2008 at 02:37 PM
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

use the search tool! there are plenty of threads on this topic. But you can use headers from an 8g but you have to custom make the down pipe.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

awww ok will thank you

yes, here look at them. Came from 1G N/A Eclipse 4G63.

God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

will those headers bolt up to our stock down pipe?
    i know thats seems pointless, but just want to know.

IDK, I had them installed with the cat back all together, but you can ask a member here Skrap, he has them with a stock exhaust.

And what is pointless?

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    IDK, I had them installed with the cat back all together, but you can ask a member here Skrap, he has them with a stock exhaust.

And what is pointless?
    he meant attaching them to the stock downpipe is pointless since it won't really improve anything

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

If youre tired of welding the flex pipe all the time its pretty good solution, and of course if you re planning on upgrading the exhaust later on.

I think the header has 2 3/4'' outlet and the stock exhaust is 2 1/4'', but that guy has that funky subaru exhaust...IDK. If I were him Id just get an end muffler like Flowmaster or Magnaflow and put a high flow cat and resonator.

Build Thread

If youre tired of welding the flex pipe all the time its pretty good solution, and of course if you re planning on upgrading the exhaust later on.

I think the header has 2 3/4'' outlet and the stock exhaust is 2 1/4'', but that guy has that funky subaru exhaust...IDK. If I were him Id just get an end muffler like Flowmaster or Magnaflow and put a high flow cat and resonator.
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...t=37239&page=2

Come on i know you checked, no?

GReddy is on.

EDIT: F that subaru exhaust,:p
    Last edited by koji464; 06-27-2009 at 12:27 AM

TGC Regular

And what is pointless?
    Actually no i dont have it on a stock exhaust. I have my entire exhaust done with 2 1/2 or 2 3/4. You have to use the dwnpipe that comes with it. The flanges are bigger with the aftermarket headers. They are comepletly bolt up. I wouldnt use the ghetto flex pipe section that they give you though becasue it leaks. I would get someone to weld on an actualy flex pipe. It looks like the one on your car now with like wire mesh. Make sure that you get the same size as your exhaust piping. If you are going to get headers you will have to get your entire exhaust done. If you dont than there will be absolutly no difference at all. It would just be a waste of money. Find a shop that will do it for like 250-300. Make sure you get your own cat and muffler and the headers. If you ask the shop to get you that stuff it will cost you a butload of money. You can find the 1g N/A header on ebay for about 100 bucks shipped. Look for the OBX ones. they are nice. They create a nice sound.