The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: performance for $600??? Dyno runs Provided

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 44 of 44
    CliptheApex
    does anyone have any dyno numbers with tuned headers? or even just any goods words about the added gains through tuning?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xsetyourselfonfirex)</div><div class='quotemain'>does anyone have any dyno numbers with tuned headers? or even just any goods words about the added gains through tuning?</div>

Theres nothing better then tuning your car with a dyno for the simple fact that a base run is done, then they take into account for what mods you have that can bet tweaked.. in my case the FPR and Cam gear both had to be adjusted. Grant it the FPR only supplies fuel it did get rid of the annoyin fuel drop off at 4k rpm. Now the cam gear, well the base run pulled 105 whp, after retarding it 3 degrees it went up to 111whp the torque is around 129 or something.

For those that are getting the AFC it will control the weird and arratic fuel curve and will hopefully yeild serious gains. All in all if your questioning between guestimating and dyno tuning dont kid yourself, unless one of your parants is DSM then the tuning is the way to go.

Carbon
    You guys seriously make me laugh some times... (Not intending to sound like an asshole here.. :shock: )

You can't expect much from opening up the exhaust with no tuning... Go look at the Eclipse 3G and 2G Stratus boards... It makes the 3.0 run way too rich, which equals weak power gains... It is my guess it is the same or exactly the opposite with the I4... :?

Tuning is required to get the desired results out of a set of headers... You will need to get an AFR or AFC or something similar to achieve the claimed gains from the manufacturer... they sure as heck aren't going to post the untuned dyno results, it would be a waste of time and money...

Good luck... :thumbsup: I hope to be doin headers on my Strat 3.0 within the year... the wife doesn't want me touchin her Galant.. heh..

[Edit]
    I realize that there are people in here that already know what I stated above, I was just suprised it hadn't been brought up on the first page of the thread... cheers! :oops:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Los)</div><div class='quotemain'>Found a shop in the baltimore Area click on the link or go to east coast forum, under Mid-Atlantic meet aftermath

http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6941</div>

Noone go o that dyno shop on Rt.1 in columbia, They are a bunch of d*cks. All I did was ask questions and they were rude as hell. It's seemed that they did not want to help.

Los

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123