The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: performance for $600??? Dyno runs Provided

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 44
    BlankMan
    I think under 150WHP is already "grounded" - hehe

J

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>peformance for 600. uhm how about a chassis stifenning kit. or maybe a set of slicks for the track. brake upgrade. the power u feel isn't all about at the crank. its whats planted to the ground</div>

Yea I wonder if anything under 150 whp needs help getting on the ground </div>

hahaha..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

not all of us drive in str8 lines. i dunno about u but in my galant, i make turns

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Senior TGC Member
    I have to make turns with the steering wheel, but it's not because the road isn't straight...
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

99GalantOn18s

hmmm

ok this is the plan, tell me what u guys think... i already have an injen intake, a'pexi n1 exhaust, and aem tru power pulleys... i want to get the headers from ESgalant00 i think thats his name... and either a jet v-force or a skunk2 s-afc, i figured with the extra air from the headers i can tune it with the s-afc and get better performance... i read the jet chip has a built in computer that will even out ur air/fuel ratio and give u better shifts and is a plug and play chip... the website also claims a 9% hp improvement...

i''d hold back with the jet chip for now and just get the afc.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Yeah i agree with Pinoy, you wuold be better off with the AFC its a totally accurate way of determining the air to fuel ratio, and being able to makes changes on it depending on conditions.. The Jet chip is plug and play but changes are made by the computer, and sometimes you will not get optimal performance..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Re: hmmm

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(99GalantOn18s)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok this is the plan, tell me what u guys think... i already have an injen intake, a'pexi n1 exhaust, and aem tru power pulleys... i want to get the headers from ESgalant00 i think thats his name... and either a jet v-force or a skunk2 s-afc, i figured with the extra air from the headers i can tune it with the s-afc and get better performance... i read the jet chip has a built in computer that will even out ur air/fuel ratio and give u better shifts and is a plug and play chip... the website also claims a 9% hp improvement...</div>

The jet chip is $400 and is in fact plug and play. It's programmed to the mods you currently have and isn't changeable. After seeing the performance gains of the Venom 400 module, I'd be skeptical about any alleged HP gains from a chip. The S-AFC, like Shane said is fully programmable. There's also a great group buy going on at club 3G. See my post in the GB section for details. You won't be able to beat the price on a brand new US Spec Apexi AFC.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

CliptheApex
    whats the price on the group buy, when is it too late to get in?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xsetyourselfonfirex)</div><div class='quotemain'>whats the price on the group buy, when is it too late to get in?</div>
    It's all in the post. The GB ends January 20. At last count we were up to 10 people, which brought the price down to $270 shipped. If we have more than 15 it goes down to $266 shipped. Not bad, since the cheapest I found it was $299 plus shipping. Keep in mind these are brand new US (not JDM) spec units.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(99GalantOn18s)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok this is the plan, tell me what u guys think... i already have an injen intake, a'pexi n1 exhaust, and aem tru power pulleys... i want to get the headers from ESgalant00 i think thats his name... and either a jet v-force or a skunk2 s-afc, i figured with the extra air from the headers i can tune it with the s-afc and get better performance... i read the jet chip has a built in computer that will even out ur air/fuel ratio and give u better shifts and is a plug and play chip... the website also claims a 9% hp improvement...</div>

talk to TOC about the JET chip... he had one so he can dispell any misinformation.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'>

talk to TOC about the JET chip... Â*he had one so he can dispell any misinformation.</div>

yea yea, true that where is Toc at anywayz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'>OK going by stats:

-Baselines:
    100.2 max hp
    115.7 max torque

-Chrome Kamikaze Headers & Injen CAI Polished
    103.9 max hp Â*
    122.9 max torque Â*

-My old run: with cai (custom 2.5") & OBX muffler
    106.8 max hp
    129.4 max torque

-Vision headers, CAI, muffler
    109.7 Max HP Â*
    130.3 MaxTorque

I think thats it..?? Â*to much ish to keep track of</div>

A week Late:

Max Power: 111.1
    Max Torque: 129.1

Custom CAI 2.5"
    custom 2.5" catback
    Aem pulleys
    Aem Cam gear (was retared 3 degree)
    Gutted Pre cat
    Magnecor Ignition Wires
    NGK spark plugs
    obx muffler
    obx FPR
    walboro 255 fuel pump

Bad part is cylinder # 4 has 15% less compression

i guess im the only one that remebers what TOC said about the Jet Chip. 400 dollars for the chipping. what u do is remove ur ecu and send the JET company a list of ur mods. once they get ur ecu, they do their thang and program for the mods that u listed to them. then they ship the ecu back to u. in the meantime ur car isn't running cuz u ain't got an ecu. uhm i believe at the time, TOC had his intake and exhaust and possibly his cam gear. the verdict, TOC's butt dyno didn't feel any gains. what he did feel is that his tranmission shifts were much better but thats about it. and o yea, the jet chip is programmed to be optimized to ur mods. lose or gain a mod, the chip is causing a disadvantage, another 400 to reprogram. and thats why i said to hol back on it causeu'd hate to keep reprogram that bizatch. at least with an afc u can get that thing tuned locally or if ur experienced, u can tune that thing urself

electricjoe
    Umm, I am new to this and all but, if you really want more power for the about the $600 you got why not NOS?

when NOS is put into the wrong hands, hell even in the right hands, the vision of a new motor appears

yea thats true, then again I know people that have been sprayin for years on the same motor. Limiting yourself to only a 50 shot and only using it after the car is already at speeds, Nos is the way to go.

Found a shop in the baltimore Area click on the link or go to east coast forum, under Mid-Atlantic meet aftermath

http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6941

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Los)</div><div class='quotemain'>Found a shop in the baltimore Area click on the link or go to east coast forum, under Mid-Atlantic meet aftermath

http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6941</div>

I spoke to them 2 years back, they "prefered to work on cars with a sporty appeal"

I see..... I'll go by there on Sat. and see it that is still the case. They were close and I talk to a guy hat worked there that was standing out front. I'll confirm that. just to see, only because I'm 2minutes from them, and I've seen a variety of cars in the driveway, most sporty.
    thanks for the heads up bernard. I'll post about this on the weekend.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast