The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: do it and do it right

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

do it and do it right

What up guy....I am back...I have been workin and I am about to be a father but let me tell you the turbo that I am going to go with... I am not here for some of you to tell me that maybe that turbo is too big I feel that you can go big or go home...I am about to buy a gt35ror the Percision SC61 ball beaing....the turbo mainifold is not yet decided but I am going to put an order in for it around next week. when I get it I will post some pics if I can find my camera..... just wanted to drop by and holla but it is good to see that everyone is doing okay.....4g-rim seth and peanation.....B.E.Z and I love the new format of the site....
    8g tranny is being rebuilt and waiting on ground control coilovers
    7g is just sitting motor and tranny is out(need to finish, just lazy)
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

Sup Tdouble... Congrats on the baby man :) that is a big turbo but go for it.. the little I know of for people with evos.... They also need a full upgraded fuel system and a bunch of high priced parts so hopefully you've done your homework on this... later
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

I've seen a few GT35R's on some DSM's, pretty nice sized turbos for putting down big numbers.

I see a 7G in your sig, what else is done to it?
    1997 Volvo 850 T5

I used to have a 91 tsi awd with a GT35R pushing 30 psi with 1000cc inj......AMAZING!!!!! Spool was a little higher than what I liked, but it pulled damn hard. I say go for it, but make sure you have the fuel mods in place to support it.

sry for the long wait,but I have been working and tryin to get parts and get out of tickets....so as for my 7g the suspention is basically what is done to it...I have tein pilliow ball mounts,jdm heads and tails,8 gvr4 folding mirriors,hks grounding kit,prothan bushings,tokico blue and tein springs,(Parts @ home......Complete head 1g head with ferra valves, hks valve springs,manley valve spring retainers,three angle vavle job,new seals and guides.....280 degree cams, HKS cam gears,cyclone intake manifold, no injectors yet, 2g wiring harness( going to run DSM Link) 5speed will be on in a couple of weeks, have not decided on what clutch....fadanza fly wheel, Diamond edition fogs...and more I have so much stuff at the house......
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Okay maybe I missed something, but is it a DSM swapped 7g? or are you building a 2.4 block and using a DSM head. For the price of a SC61 or a GT35R I would just get a FP 3052 or 3056. It uses a DSM flange which will allow you to use a cast DSM manifold h are the cheapest and the most reliable. Hafe makes a nice cast stainless DSM manifold for $250. I personally have one and its a nice piece. I know the FP turbo is a few bucks more than a 35R, but you would still need a T3 flanged manifold which will cost more than a DSM flanged manifold, so you can make it up there. If your going with a 2.4 motor, you dont even need a ball bearing turbo because its gonna spool fast as it is. The only bad thing about ball bearing turbo's is if you have to rebuild it, your spending $800. You can buy a non-ball bearing SC61 for $800 just for comparison. I blew my SC61 when I broke my motor and it was $450 for a complete rebuild including shipping both ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Do you plan on running this daily? 280s aren't exactly the most friendly cams on a daily driver.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

sorry I made a mistake on the start of the thread I said the turbo was going to be a ball bearing...that is what I thought but it is not...so I will be using a regular sc61 62..and yeah the price is different.....I was going to run the car maybe twice a week...I have a 8g GTZ so I was not really worried about agressive caming...But for the most part I wanted to have this done before my child arives....The build is a 2.4 galant bottom end with a 1g turbo eclipse head...I am just a little worried about wiring the motor up....everything else seems to be pretty easy.....so I still kind of want to go with the sc61 62...but as far as the manifold I am probley going to weild up my own b/c they cost so much....the one that I want is like 1500 (OMG) if my child only new what his dad was getting into....
    Nice to be back!!!!