The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Starter System?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 48
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar

Starter System?

does anyone have any suggestions of a system that isnt very strong. just something that is good enough to hear without like blowing my ears. my stock speakers are good on the pioneer HU just looking for a system that is cheap to add to my car. sometimes i like to hear my music good and loud and sometimes i dont. so i want to be able to shut it off. my HU doesnt have a sub feature tho

thanks

how much u looking to spend ?? audiobahn makes some good looking stuff with good features and specs and they are low prices
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

i dont know. im not looking for like 1000w stuff. just something small.

what kinda prices do they have? id need what, 2 subs. a double box, and an amp + wires rite?

prob 450-500
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

this setup i found at best buy was only $180 one time. it was a box, 2 10's, an amp, and this thing to turn on and off the bass.
    i guess $200ish is my price range then

im looking for something really small.

i got me a 3 12" in a pre-built box shipped for like 280 and i got the amp for 150 and the system was rated at 800w RMS mono but u can get the one u saw just dont buy some shitty brand and then blow the subs in no time
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

the problem with cheap brands is that they tend to get loud, but really aren't clear.

whats the model # of your headunit, i find it strange that it wouldn't have a sub out

i would really suggest going with a single 10" in a nice box and spend just a little more to get a good brand, it will really be worth it in the long run.

www.sonicelectronix.com is a great place to buy things, they have low prices and ship pretty fast

if you can up your budget by just a little bit, i think this would sound pretty good

sinlge alpine type-r
    http://sonicelectronix.com/item_6474...+-TYPE+R-.html

hifonics amp
    http://sonicelectronix.com/item_6521...s+BXi+606.html

and since you are very into do it yourself projects, get dimensions and build your own box. throw in some wiring and you should be right around $325. i know its a little more than you expected to pay, but i really think it would be a solid system.

and just to show that you get what you pay for, im currently buying a box that cost >$200 by itself, sometimes you really need to ask yourself if its worth it to go cheap and not be satisfied
    ...pain is temporary, pride is forever...

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    if your unit doesent have sub output spend another 99 dollars and get a new unit with sub out because if you dont youll have horrible control over the amp/sub not to mention u need to buy ainline oitput converter to go from speakerwire to RCA's which will cost you around 30 dollars
    with subout you can turn the amp output up and down at the radio
    if your looking for something decent go to circuit city and buy the bazooka party pack, it sbox, amp, and sub, ive installed about 6 or 7 of them so far and for the cost there not bad at all
    they cost around 160-180 for everything

get an eclipse by fujitsu ten head unit and a 6 channel amp and some decent separates and a 10 inch sealed sub and your system will be good. cant go wrong with 8 volt preout.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

nycking: how do i find the hu number?

zigen: thanks for the circuit city thing. is dynex a good brand tho? that other sub setup i found at bestbuy has a bass on/off thing to install in the front somewhere, its connected to the subs/amp

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Bazoo...oductDetail.do

what does everyone think of that. its the one that zigen gave me

im not a fan of bazooka, their tubes were whack back in the day, dont know about now but i still think they are whack. You can get a JL 12w3 in a sealed enclosure and probably get better and cleaner bass for about the same amount.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

bazooka really isn't a good brand at all

and most pioneers should have the model number somewhere on it
    ...pain is temporary, pride is forever...

ill take a look later for the hu model number, if i remember right its on the front plate or something, ok so the circuit city thing is out, is Dynex a good low end brand? thats the set up i might buy at best buy

alright, the pioneer is nice, but i think 1200W is a little too big for what im looking for, do you think the 10" ones from walmart would be good enough? or the 12" ones? i could pick up the amp from walmart too

would it be better just to stay all pioneer since my hu is and i could get some incar speakers too?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    I have Pioneer h/u and in-car speakers, those go together nicely. As far as subs and amp you can go any brand name you want.

kk, im going to head out to the mall to best buy tomorrow night, ill try to find that set up they had for sale, get the specs on it and then ask about it

are 10's or 12's better for certain kinds of music?

i dont listen to like HARDCORE rap, but i do listen to more of an R&B with some rap. i also listen to rock and stuff, but i think i should get subs that could handle the harder music rite?

Pioneer all the way bro.

Black '02 2.4L ES ~ TGCLI

^ yea i have a pioneer 600W amp for sale
    pm me if interested
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast