The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: weird sound

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

weird sound

So we finished my rear disc swap today. I love the new lock and the stopping is alot better. Anyways, i noticed at lower speeds, i can hear something which sounds like the rotors turning. It's hard to describe, i dont think its a grinding noise...more like i can hear the rotor turning on the hub and backing plate. Again, i mostly hear this sound at lower speeds. Is this normal?

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    did you use your original hubs?or the ones that came off the salvage

I used my own hubs

did u check the clearance between the hub and the back plate?...those back plates always bend and love scraping and ull really only hear it at lower speeds..

i had a similar problem. what I would do is get the wheel up in the air and turn it to mimick the sound. and just continue to remove the wheel, the caliper etc etc until the sound goes away.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

maybe slightly warped rotors too...? My Bonneville done that sound at low speeds, and i had the rotors turned and it stopped
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

good to hear you got everything working.

i would check the backing plate to make sure it's not touching the rotor or anything moving. i had the same issue when i changed my front brakes, the backing plate was barely touching the rotor

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Will this turn into a big problem down the line?

it depends on if it's just some rubbing. if that it the only problem it could eventually mess the disk up a little. other than that if the noise doesn't bother you. but i would say to just spend a little time and see what it is

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.