The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: stalling Engine When Warm

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

stalling Engine When Warm

ive been fighting with this for a while now
    and cant seem to just put my finger on it
    i really dont have any mods on my 99 galant except for exhaust megan cat back and the intake swap from the outlander.
    my car seemed to be running fine for a while and i noticed this year i started having major idle problems to the point where the car would stall.
    once that started i pretty much tried changing all the things i thought would cause what i think its a mis fire
    coils and plug are all brand new...no change in idle
    i even changed both oxygen sensors. i got into a big argument with the guy at autozone becuas he kept tellin me i have to change the oxygen sensor in my headers and to my surprise i don't have one.
    so i spent about 10 minutes telling him theres isn't one there
    it turns out both my oxygen sensors one is present before the cat underneath the car and the other is directly after it
    don't know if anyone else car is set up like that. either way i changed both of em still no change
    i thought it was my alternator had it tested and at autozone and was told it was fine, and i even cleaned the throttle body and still no change
    im really open to suggestions
    i feel like junking my vehicle
    anyone have any ideas what else i can try and do
    im really on a budget and really dont wanna spend money on a tech to diagnose
    any help would be nice thanks in advance
    From the dance floor to the track
    bboy for life
    Mitsubishi for life

honestly you best bet is going to a tech, think about how much money you would of saved if u just fixed what it needed instead of guessing, I see this all the time as a Service Manager of a Goodyear Service center. You would of saved money to have a tech look at it. How much do u have into the problem so far? I would charge you a 65.99 diag fee and it would go towards the work if u wanted us to do it. If not, yoiu could take the knowledge and do it your self. In the end you would of saved money. Is the check engine light on? Check for vacume leaks.

the only time my ses light came on was when i first installed the megan cat back change the oxygen Sensors
    after that
    the light was gone haven't gotten a light since but i changed them over again just to make sure
    i guess your right about getting the diag but
    nowadays the tech around my way are no better then i am when it comes to going under the hood
    although i only have 127 thousand miles i really feel its time to junk this baby
    bboy for life
    Mitsubishi for life

Have you disconnected the battery lately?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Does the car have any other problems other than the car stalling when its warm?

How is acceleration? Any weired issues when cruising?

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

the only time i disconnected the battery was when i changed the oxygen sensors..
    to be honest the car is driving like crap it seemed to have alot more of acceleration and the muffler wasnt as loud as it is now
    it doenst drive like it used to when the first mods were done and it sputters a lilte bit here an then when i start it but then the idle seems normal and then once its on for about 10 to 15 minutes and the idle calms down alittle it just starts buggin till it just shuts off
    bboy for life
    Mitsubishi for life

Check your EGR and make sure that is functioning correctly.
    2003 Dover White Mitsubishi Galant ES

1997 Tarmac Black Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

On my MX6 The car would die at stop lights, that was becuase of the IAC valve

I had the same problem a week ago and the cause was the IAC motor was gunked up. So I cleaned it along with the TB and have not had a problem since. Hope that helps

-Brian

sounds like your throttle body is really gunked up and you could clean your maf sensor check it for any obstructions, and clean the iac motor but check to use the right cleaner use the same one used for the maf sensor.

mab a cracked intake manifold