The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Problem with ride height....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 32 of 32
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EvoLuTioN)</div><div class='quotemain'>HOLD UP... 99DE... you have to take your seats out to change settings??? alls i gotta do is reach inside the rear wheel and turn the dial... Â*

i'm so confused...</div>

That's what I thought... that the rear AGX adjustment's are made on the side of the shocks and not at the top (but what do I know, I don't have KYB's, lol).

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Thats what I thought at the beginning too....The dial ones like the ones for the Accord are the 8 way adjustables............The ones where you adjust on top are the 4 way adjustables..........

Sucks how we don't get the ones with dials......That way it makes it so much easier to adjust without taking out the seats.........
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

EvoLuTioN
    You Guys Are Missing My Point...

we DO get the ones w/ the dials on the side... i have them on my car now... i still have the boxes somewhere in my garage... i'll post the part #'s later tonight when i get home...

i ordered the rears for the 2k1 Eclipse from Cox...

that's why i'm saying i don't understand why 99DE says he has to take his seats off...

hey 99DE... do you have the part # of your rears???

this is very interesting...

EvoLuTioN
    Reelax... that makes a whole lotta sense about the bushings... you know i completely forgot that when i installed my rears... that big round rubber piece that sits just on top of the spring itself was like ripped... which would definately in my opinion make up for 1 fingers height...

good call...
    i'll replace em and look into it...
    will take some time though...

Today I checked all around for ride height differences. My rear driver side is lower than my rear passenger side. My front driver side is higher than my front passenger side.........

I am not sure why this is but its worth looking into......The difference of 1 finger pisses me off.......I am going to take it to the dealer to have them take a look......
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1

My KYB AGX rears have the adjustment at the top. I have to take the rear seat out to get to it. I got them from tirerack.com along time ago. I believe they were listed for a 2000 Eclipse. Maybe KYB has changed the design?

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    it's probably a wheel alignment issue. i'm not lowered (soon will be though...hopefully) and i work at a car garage. on some people's cars, one wheels sits higher up in the wheel well than another one does. after the alignment, the wheels are all perfect. it might be bad caster or camber, depending on how the wheels sits on the strut/shock.

and it's definatly not the gas tank.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

But this issue existed when my suspension was stock too....
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'>My KYB AGX rears have the adjustment at the top. I have to take the rear seat out to get to it. I got them from tirerack.com along time ago. I believe they were listed for a 2000 Eclipse. Maybe KYB has changed the design?</div>

no it cant be. i just ordered a pair last wednesday and my adjustment is on top too...evolution are you sure you got the right set? it's possilbe you got the wrong ones.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanaticsâ„¢ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>But this issue existed when my suspension was stock too....
    </div>

hmm....the only think i can summarize is that maybe it's a common problem with galants. i know that didn't help anything or anyone, but cars have been known to all have a similair problem in a certain year. i should check my car too, maybe i just havn't noticed....
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

EvoLuTioN
    you guys will NEVER believe what i found out...
    the ones listed for the 3g Eclipse are 741020
    the AGX's i was sent from Coximport were part # 741019 :shock:

listed for that # are the following applications...

95-99 Chrysler Sebring (Exc. Convertible)
    95-98 Dodge Avenger
    95-97 Eagle Talon 2WD
    95-99 Mitsubishi Eclipse 2WD

now i never cross referenced the part number since i got them... i just installed em & that was it...

i believe i may have stumbled onto something...

1. we may have available to us other vendors who currently offer the above applications (but not 8G rears)...

2. i have 8 way adjustable rear shocks... everyone else has 4 way... 8)

this is so friggin weird... but kinda cool... i've had absolutely NO PROBLEM with these bad boys either... guess i kinda lucked out...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EvoLuTioN)</div><div class='quotemain'>you guys will NEVER believe what i found out... Â*
    the ones listed for the 3g Eclipse are 741020
    the AGX's i was sent from Coximport were part # 741019 Â*:shock: Â*

listed for that # are the following applications... Â*

95-99 Chrysler Sebring (Exc. Convertible)
    95-98 Dodge Avenger Â*
    95-97 Eagle Talon 2WD Â*
    95-99 Mitsubishi Eclipse 2WD Â*

now i never cross referenced the part number since i got them... i just installed em & that was it... Â*

i believe i may have stumbled onto something... Â*

1. we may have available to us other vendors who currently offer the above applications (but not 8G rears)... Â*

2. i have 8 way adjustable rear shocks... everyone else has 4 way... Â*8) Â*

this is so friggin weird... but kinda cool... i've had absolutely NO PROBLEM with these bad boys either... guess i kinda lucked out...</div>

Yeah, those cars do pretty much have the same rear suspension as our 8G's. Click here and notice that the camber kit I have from Ingalls fits those same cars.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12