The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: new suspension (almost)

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

new suspension (almost)

finally got my agx/ teins in the mail today!! i got sping break next week too so i should have them on soon. i havent decided if i want to DIY or get them installed... hmmm, might be more of a headache for me than it is worth. anyway, got the 2nd gen tails a couple of weeks ago so i am almost done with my exterior for good! will keep u guys updated on her status.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Nice...you will enjoy the more firm ride and better handling benefits will make you enjoy you Galant even more.

You should do it yourself and save some money. The hardest part is removing the spring from the assembly. Just rent the spring removal tool from Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

yeah, i am leaning toward doing it myself.. i have a couple of honda friends who have dropped theirs and are willing to help me out so i guess we'll see! plus i need to save $$

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    If you have aftermarket springs and struts/shocks, you dont have to take apart your stock springs, just pull them out .

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    If you have aftermarket springs and struts/shocks, you dont have to take apart your stock springs, just pull them out .
    You gotta take off the tops of the struts/shocks...with the proper tools of course.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    You are correct, maybe if he got some new tops from a junkyard, then he wont have to mess with the springs. Thats what I do in your case to save some money for install.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Before the exterior is complete do something about that exhaust tip, if you don't a muffler or exhaust setup at least a nice tip to go over the stock tiny tip

lol, yeah i need to get a tip.. not too big on the fart cans i hear every 5 seconds on the road. i havent noticed how tiny it is b4 looking at the pic lol

i gotta try some lowering springs because i recently installed the AGX's at the shop and with the oem springs set at 1 all arounds its bouncy to me!! i wonder what would be the right number with oem or lowering springs to get a comfortable ride!

aight well got them in finally!! here is a teaser, ill take some good shots tomorrow and post

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    nice where did u get ur agx n for how much im in the market also
    03 I4

thanks bro, i got them off ebay brand new for $360 shipped :(
    they were expensive but cheaper than coilovers, i got the teins used for $110

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_o2 View Post
    nice where did u get ur agx n for how much im in the market also
    Click here. A guy on club3g named raceko is selling full sets of AGX's for $290 shipped. He doesn't seem to have the best customer service and has been a little funny about sending stuff out in a timely manner, but everyone has ended up getting them... and some actually did get them fast. Beats paying like $400 which is the best I can currently find with shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ View Post
    Click here. A guy on club3g named raceko is selling full sets of AGX's for $290 shipped. He doesn't seem to have the best customer service and has been a little funny about sending stuff out in a timely manner, but everyone has ended up getting them... and some actually did get them fast. Beats paying like $400 which is the best I can currently find with shipping.
    it is funny u should mention the guy, b/c i got them from him and yes the shipping was slow as hell and the fronts came like a week apart from the rears.. i guess i shoulda gone thru club3g for the deal.. oh well

update

UPDATE: here is a few pics on them installed.. the front only for now, i ran into a few probs and didnt finish until late so i have to save the rears for the weekend. and yes, my bumper doesnt fit perfectly for now but ill work on it as well.