The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: did a lil spending....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 21

did a lil spending....

Talked to a guy selling some new rims, so I took the initiative to increase my rim collection. Drove to Irvine and I picked up 4 brand new Work Emotion XD-9 in black. 18x8 +45. for 1k. Whats cool is I didnt know the sticker that says work emotion on the spoke glows in the dark. pretty trippy. Just need some tires and these go on while my 5Zigens get painted gold and lips get repolished and clearcoated. I also stopped by Super Autobacs and picked up an Eclipse Ipod interface for my headunit and of course some air fresheners! Almost picked up a Greddy SP2 also but I didnt have any room.

Sorry for the crappy pics....

and here is a better look at how they look like...

and this is a preview on how I will be converting my Zigens in a month.....OH YEAH!

The rim collector....
    Volk SF Winnings Gold
    5Zigen 5ZR 2 piece
    SSR GP-0 3 piece
    Work Emotion XD-9
    and on the lookout for some
    Blitz Type 03's
    Ralliart R01's
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

oh damn that is impressive. definitely can wait to see them on the g, especially since it is dover white as well :)
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Ill take pics when I get tires. Imma drop the G another inch when I do it. Hopefully my bumper will survive.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune

you on coilovers right? you should be fine as you are prolly used to taking the 45 degree angles to keep your bumper in one piece lol. any idea on the tires you putting on?
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

ill be going 225/40 since i know i rub on 235's. Maybe Some BFG's or Nitto's or Toyo FZ4's since i saw a autobacs was selling them for 108 each. Dont know which rim is going to be my daily driver rim still. I might ditch both to be honest with you if my friend finds some new rims for his TL. He has some 19x8.5 Bronze Volk Ce28's he might sell me for 600 but he's still iffy on if he wants to sell them. I just found out they have center caps also for the XD9's but they are gloss silver outside and white face. Reminds me of Rota center caps... so i might not rock center caps.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    nice pickup those wheels are sick

nice wheels and good price! are you going to get the blue lug nuts to go w/ them?

and these don't look that bad, i would only leave these off if i was going for the race look:

Last edited by Reelax; 03-28-2008 at 05:04 AM

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Nice wheels dude. Great price too.

yeah im going with the blue lug nuts. im just surprised works lug nuts cost a grip. I just ordered the caps last night. 22 bucks apiece. Imma put them on when i get them and make a decision then.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    That is my favorite brand of rims.

nice wheels man but why do u have so many different rims ??
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Yea just send me the Zigens after they are gold. You don't need em.

:D

Very Nice
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

great pick up man..
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

nice wheels
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    nice wheels man but why do u have so many different rims ??
    I like getting rims cuz its like getting a new pair a shoes. Cant wear the same shoes all the time. Plus at the prices im getting them for, i say why not. Plus another reason is the same reason Sillyasianz is keeping his rims. His 1st gen VS-XX's are nowhere to be found. Half of those rims are discontinued and worth alot more in the future. I get offers for my SSR's all the time. But since SSR isnt made by Rays anymore, they are just gonna be that more expensive when I do ever sell them. =)

I was thinking about maybe letting go of the Zigens but after I saw them in gold, I was like nah. Plus you dont see anyone with the 2 piece zigens anymore and the 1 piece look whack.

I already lost 1 set of rims, let my boy borrow them and his car got stolen. Those were stupid rare. 1st Gen Volk GT-P's with a center cap. All I know is no one in San Diego has those rims, so if they turn up on a car. I know who to beat the shiet out of. LOL!

Thanks for all the compliments guys!! Just having patience when looking for rims, you can get some serious deals. All the rims I got, I got for less than a grand besided the SF winnings. Those suckers I got for 2200 new and those are for the G35. Still a good deal but not as good as the rest of them. If anyone has some Blitz Type 03's let me know. I want them for my truck. 17x8 +32 17x9 or 17x9.5 +22 or higher.

$2200 for the SF-Winnings? wow that's like a thousand less than even hookup price; i would have bought 5 (full size spare) if i could get them at that price! i had to special order mine from japan because of the color (matte gunmetal special order only) and they came out to about 2x as much w/ tires.

Where the hell are you finding these rims for such great prices? Are they stolen or did they fall off a truck or something? lol.

Anyway, I hope those center caps fit on the front rims. The axles might stick out a bit. On my Rotas, I had to buy some generic center caps on ebay because Rota didn't make center caps deep enough... the ones from ebay are actually pretty nice too.
    Last edited by Danger DANJ; 04-02-2008 at 12:16 PM

both of those wheels are pretty nice. but i think im beginning to know what you mean by rims being like shoes, after i got these 19's im still looking for new rims all the time
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
    both of those wheels are pretty nice. but i think im beginning to know what you mean by rims being like shoes, after i got these 19's im still looking for new rims all the time
    Yeah man It gets addicting. Good thing is my friends are rim whores too, so we trade rims every once and awhile. I look on the internet for rims everyday. I just get lucky cuz someone out there needs to get rid of their rims cuz they had an accident or need to pay bills. Plus my friends always tell me about deals. Its expensive and im starting to not have too many spots in the garage to store rims. If I decide to sell any of them, Ill let the forum know. at least you guys will get a good deal since you all know how much I got them for LOL!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast