The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: tuning help

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

tuning help

i went out tuning tonight and got the car to run and drive decent but am running into a problem. the car starts to run and pull really good with afr's in the 11's and at about 4k it starts to dip lean and i get out of it. i added some more fuel and got a little better but still not good. i hug into it once to see if it would come out and just kept leaning out. I am guessing i am hitting an airflow cap in the stock ecu?
    mods
    stock 4g64 sohc
    evo 3 16g
    rx-7 460's
    fmic
    greddy e-manage
    walbro 190

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    How much boost? Have duty cycle on the injectors?
    7g for life!

stock wastegate pressure 7-9psi i have to find my logger to get duty cycle. With 460's i shouldn't be any where near maxing them out. they flow 460 @36psi [email protected]. the injectors are good i had them cleaned and flow tested when i got them. i have them set for 530s. the idle arf is 14.3-14.8-1

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Hard to say. When you say it leans out, what AFRs are you hitting at the leanest? Ive seen members exceed 280whp on the stock ECU running 14bs and 16gs hitting 12-15psi without problems. Would help to have some logs, try to get a few 3rd gear logs and post them up.

Check for boost leaks? What BOV are you running? A boost leak would cause it to run richer and not leaner. Post up some logs with timing, rpm, and afr. And what wideband are you running?
    Last edited by seth98esT; 03-28-2008 at 11:06 PM
    7g for life!

i am thinking the stock regulator isn't rising to boost and it bad. it dips into the 14's and keeps getting leaner

I'm still running the stock regulator and haven't had any issues with it. I'm not too familiar with the emanage but can you manually add more fuel for when you go into boost?

222whp/250wtq

yeah it is just like an afc but with tables to add fuel.