The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: + Terminal Fuse

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

+ Terminal Fuse

What up...

My + Terminal is hosed. I was having issues starting up my car and I decided to check the Terminals and thats when I saw it was corroded. It was so corroded that when I was taking it off to clean it , the thing broke. I performed searches on the site and found that people have replaced them with regular 3+ dollar terminals. I was wondering what did you guys do about the fuse that is on our terminal? Did you just add an inline fuse or just abandon it? Thanks in advance...

ATL....

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    I replace my - Terminals with cheap ones but not my + Positive one. I would py little more and get the OE one, but thats just me. You need that fuse.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    I replace my - Terminals with cheap ones but not my + Positive one. I would py little more and get the OE one, but thats just me. You need that fuse.
    Thanks for the fast responce. Any suggestions on a terminal? I have found a few that have fuses in them for Amps and what not...
    Last edited by atl_galant; 03-31-2008 at 09:18 AM

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    I dont know so I cant tell you any names. I usualy just get mine from the dealer.

how bad is it corroded? i've changed a fed corroded ones and i've noticed that the actual clamp itself was corroded but the cable part of the connector wasn't so all I would have to do is unbolt what's left of the clamp and just replace that.

with that said, i usually grab some clamps at the junk yard.

what i did see in the auto parts store is something like this

which looks like would work also if the condition isn't that bad.

but yea, its on my friend's galant, not mine since my optima red doesn't give me problems like that.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

ATL, if you are still having problems call me...I'm off today.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    I had really bad corrision once. So what I did was go to Autozone & bought the regular terminals & then all I did was put some of that anticorrosion grease on it. That was last summer & not one ounce of corrosion since then.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6 View Post
    how bad is it corroded? i've changed a fed corroded ones and i've noticed that the actual clamp itself was corroded but the cable part of the connector wasn't so all I would have to do is unbolt what's left of the clamp and just replace that.

with that said, i usually grab some clamps at the junk yard.

what i did see in the auto parts store is something like this

which looks like would work also if the condition isn't that bad.

but yea, its on my friend's galant, not mine since my optima red doesn't give me problems like that.

Thanks for the Input everyone. I went to the junk yard because they had one 8G there. It is a V6, the Purple/blue color. The terminals were gone on it. I then went by O'Reliys and picked up the terminal that Pinoy Posted above... I then had my neighbor to help me brake the corroded nut / bolt that held the terminal in place. I did break a some of the plastic off but, I was able to salvage the plastic piece plus w/ the fuse in tacked. Thanks everyone for your HELP!!! Pics below... Hopefully this will help someone in the future.

New Terninal and My +Wire for my Amps...

Fuse

Top View

Another Pic of the fuse

Side View

Glad it worked out for you.