The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Turbo engine swap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    Experienced TGC Member
    Arent the air bags a completely seperate controller? Last time I checked the wiring diagrams of our ECU I dont think the ECU had any connection at all to the airbag controller. But I could be wrong.

You could always pull out the armrest and wack the controller with a rubber mallet and see if your airbags explode...if they do their working!
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

the airbags are indeed controlled with a seperate computer under the armrest storage bin, but i cut a few of the wiring harnesses to shreds to make a smaller harness which may or may not have had the wiring for the airbags. i believe one of the sensors for the airbags is in the passenger fender right next to the battery, if i am correct, there is probably no connection between the airbag computer and that sensor.. enh, whatever, i think my dad screwed over my airbags anyways when he was trying to fix the recirculation fan

Dark Anghell
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(g96nt)</div><div class='quotemain'>to keep it simple As possible? you want a 93+

if you are going all-out. 90, 91

don't bother with 92.. too much hassle Worrying about which half of the year you get =0]</div>

Tell me if I'm wrong but the main difference in the 1'st gen motors is the engine mount on the timing belt side. But that can be fixed by using our 4g64 engine mount and trimming it a little bit? Are there any wiring differences?

Speaking of wiring...a conversion diagram for all the plugs would be nice to have. Just to save other people time and money...just a thought.

I have it here
    I offer it To anyone

I have The instructions to Re-wire your 1996 wiring harness so it mimics a 95 GSX Ecu

just ask, I can e-mail it on over

well.. ina grand scheme of things way.. yeah.

6 bolt, or 7 bolt 1g motor... either way, you have to remove the two roll-stoppers, and machine the motor-mount. (also, you have To do something about the timing-belt side motor mount thingy withthe two studs aiming upwards)

now, if you buy 7-bolt 1g.. you're good from there, just Replace the oil-pump with a 95 pump that has provisions for a cam Angle sensor

if you buy a 6-bolt, you are more or less Forced to do the :"1g in a 2g" setup I like ot Call it the "1g in a 2g in a 7g" =0]
    Craig R.
    [email protected], Gclipse96 on AIM

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

Dark Anghell
    Ok so to make my job easier...I should do the 7 bolt motor huh?

When I checked magnus motorsports website they only mentioned the timing belt side motor mount, and didn't say anything about the rest of the mounts. I better check it out again (that was a few months ago).

well, you just pull them off (the Roll-stoppers) IIRC it's 2 17mm bolts/mount

and the one with the points, can be removed, or you can double-nut the studs out (it's good to keep, incase of motor removal)

I have a 6-bolt... and took me only an Additional hour to change my car from 7-bolt set-up to a 6-bolt set-up. including the wiring =0/

but, yes, pavel

if you use a 95+ motor, it would LITERALLY take you ~10 hours to turn your SOHC 2.4L into a DOHC 2L turbo
    Craig R.
    [email protected], Gclipse96 on AIM

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

Dark Anghell
    cool...cool Now since I would be changing over to a 5 speed I found a guy who is selling the whole conversion kit starting from pedals, and finishing it off with clutch lines for 300 bucks...but it's made for a 1st. gen eclipse. I'm not sure if it's going to fit.

As for the engine...I am leaning towards 6 bolt...don't want to worry about the crank-walk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12