The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Remote Start and Alarm Kits

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 35

Remote Start and Alarm Kits

I want to get a remote start for my car. I had it on my truck before I switched over and I miss it too much.

I see all of these really good deals on eBay for kits, but I still get a bad feeling about them because of the whole "you get what you pay for" saying. I believe in that when it comes to a lot of things, but I don't have much experience in stuff like this.

I just saw this one a few minutes ago. It is extremely cheap and has a lot to offer, but I am not sure I want to trust it.

I saw a bunch of these earlier today and last week when I was looking through them. I liked how most of them looked, but I need third party comments on them to feel more comfortable spending my money on them.

it looks like a decent kit but the only problem that i see is that you would still need to spend the money to have a shop install it, and most shops will not install a kit unless it was bought though them. I got a cliford remote start and alarm, with the two way remote and 200 yard range installed on my car for 600. and i love it cause i can start my car for inside of my work anyware i am at, its all brick and steal.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

I'd go with a Viper system if you want quality. I installed it myself but I don't recommend that AT ALL if you have little experience with wiring cars.

Black '02 2.4L ES ~ TGCLI

Im selling one for 50 plus shipping pm if your intrested

Quote Originally Posted by hellk4t View Post
    I'd go with a Viper system if you want quality. I installed it myself but I don't recommend that AT ALL if you have little experience with wiring cars.
    i helped my causing with his and it was a nightmare. took us three nights to get it right, would just take it into the shop.

The viper is like the cliford i dont know what the diffrance between them is though. Maby jut the name and the price i would assume.

1996 galant s

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    I would recommend something from DEI or Code Alarm. I've personally worked with both and are very nice systems.

What I don't like about the system you have linked, is that the shock sensor uses a knob to adjust the sensitivity and that can get jarred and changed very easily.

If you want to install it yourself, I have wiring colors and locations on all vehicles 2008 and down.

the alarm will come with instructions on how to wire them. then you can go to mitsu and get all the wiring info for the galant wiring that you will need to make it all work.

1996 galant s

Awesome!

I am extremely confident in myself when it comes to wiring things. I just got finished putting cold cathodes in my trunk to replace the light that was back there. It sucked and the blue cathodes look so much cooler. :D

I think I will go ahead and get one that looks relatively decent depending on what unlimited6986 has. I will return to ask questions on the wiring if I can't find it either. I don't know if I want to do this right away though. I might be patient and get my sound system fixed first. I am about to cry because it sounds so terrible without my sub.
    Last edited by youngin3; 04-03-2008 at 08:54 PM

just dont hook up the orange wire!

1996 galant s

What orange wire?

on your radio it was a joke.! cause there is a thread that someone hooked up the illumination wire up for his radio and f'd up his lights

1996 galant s

becareful of your shock sensor dial then

Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe View Post
    becareful of your shock sensor dial then
    Well, that would only get bumped if I had it in an exposed place, right? I would probably end up putting this module in a concealed place under the dash.

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    i helped my causing with his and it was a nightmare. took us three nights to get it right, would just take it into the shop.

The viper is like the cliford i dont know what the diffrance between them is though. Maby jut the name and the price i would assume.
    Took me and my dad about 2.5 hours to install it in our garage.

Black '02 2.4L ES ~ TGCLI

Quote Originally Posted by lavie2k9 View Post
    Well, that would only get bumped if I had it in an exposed place, right? I would probably end up putting this module in a concealed place under the dash.
    nope. bumps or anything can jar it

nope. bumps or anything can jar it
    Oh well ok. I guess I will secure the knob with something.

Are those kits of any quality at all, or am I going to be disappointed?

I am just nervous about spending 45 bucks on it and hoping that it would be of any quality at all.

i'll just say, you get what you pay for

i'll just say, you get what you pay for
    awww come on!

haha

I guess I will give it a try. Most of the people have put good feedback on the user, but I don't know how well the product is holding up for them, because that isn't part of the feedback. I guess I could send them a message on eBay and ask them how they are liking it.

2nerGalant03
    be careful about Python alarms, even though that Company isnt part of the thread it is costing me almost$ 800 to get the power door locks fixed. I really dont know if is the actual alarm or because circuit city didnt install it right but it fried driver side front door wiring harness. This is all FYI !!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2nerGalant03 View Post
    be careful about Python alarms, even though that Company isnt part of the thread it is costing me almost$ 800 to get the power door locks fixed. I really dont know if is the actual alarm or because circuit city didnt install it right but it fried driver side front door wiring harness. This is all FYI !!!!!!!!!!
    dude, all they did is reversed the polarity of your locks, thus it was the install. and it shouldn't cost you anything, give the bill to circuit city. and no circuit city doesn't do bad install, it just could be that installer himself or just a simple mistake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast