The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Timing advance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    Quote Originally Posted by crzejkr View Post
    i have a 96 and its keyed distributer.
    took it off had a drill bit to it ... done said.
    wana run e85 on it. got a walbro 255 ...60psi on the FPR
    mafs of a 3.0 v6
    and throttle body.
    no o2's and hollow cat.

does the ecu auto adjust?

whats this i hear about not using safc n something else instead?
    im just an oil pan away from throwing the turbo in.

i wana know bout advance timing for better handling the e85
    for now.
    Wait what? Explain this setup a bit more because it sounds kinda out there
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

Yes the ecu auto adjusts.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

since then i have figured it out after much fidling. 94-97 cars have a brown plug upper middle firewall leading nowhere, u ground it and the car goes to stock factory spec timing idle etc, ull notice idle drop etc. at that moment only can u advance the timing or retard or mess with idle, once finished u turn car off remove ground and turn on again to accept and save changes. otherwise u drive off and withing 20-30 min ur changes will go back to whatever the ecu decides to auto adjust.
    also im running low resistance 345cc prelude h22 jap injectors and the car runs real good, crisp torque and aceleration, on ethanol i get around 17 18 mpg and great topend torque, hit 80-130 the other day pretty effortlessly and quick, stock woulda struggled a bit past 110 mixed 50 50 93 octane and ethanol i get 18-22 mpg with better low end.
    i changed my alternator and lost all my settings so its running kinda shity at the moment and the 94 distributor (not keyed and adjustable) threw a cam/ crank code so i threw the 96 (keyed) back on till i replace the intrernal sensor and guts. u need a timing light to do this best otherwise ur in the dark n wont know ehere to advance. i was at 25degrees or 20degrees which is i believe 15 or 20 more advance than stock. i recomend this for anyone. the injectors are seimens 345cc or around 32-35lbs low resistance and are shaped exactly as the bosh in our cars.
    the 450cc were too big to handle without an safc and would detonate like crazy at over 4k rpm

i almost forgot, in order to run the 345cc instead of getting an safc i ran about 3-4 feet of 3" piping and an elbow to the throttle body (60mm) as a cold air intake but with the mafs on the end where the battery used to be tucked at (relocated it in trunk to be able to do this) and the wires made it just right to plug it back up. since the air mass is in front plus the 60mm TB and the ported plenum the car reads alot more CI of air to compensate and even out the mixture for the 345cc which after much swapping of differtn size injectors and diferent fuel pressures was the best suited. an example is that the 450cc would never ran and cloud like a diesel and sputer from too rich before the intake and mafs setup, after it added so much air to read that it actually ran but still dumped too rich at high rpms causing massive detonation and large flamefull backfires.
    the 345cc runs great. im dying to get the car back up and running at the timing i had it previously slap some e85 50 50 with some 110 leaded and hit a dyno at a freinds local shop just for shits and refernece from stock now and later turbo. let me know if anyones got questions cus i know this shit sounds crazy. im living in n miami n working in broward so ur welcome to hit me up and take a look at the setup or questions about ethanol in these cars, at $2.39 e85 and $3.00 93 octane i think the money savings and the gains are obviose if ur close to e85 availability, plus i have a spare set of 345cc for those of u wanting extra pep auto a N/a. aswelll as a great set of 275cc stockers, shoot me offers if interested. oh almost forgot im runing a gsx FPR with 35psi low and 45psi WOT
    i think the 7g is factory 39psi WOT?

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    wait, you bolted on a GSX fpr? i thought the 2G turbo (GST/GSX) FPRs weren't interchangeable with our fuel rails....

fuel pressure specs:
    http://socallifestyle.com/afpr/afpr.html

With both the motor and fuel pump running and all vacuum lines connected, the service manual specifies the fuel system should be set to 38psi. ----
    With only the fuel pump running [or the motor running with the vacuum line disconnected] the service manual specifies the system should be set to 48-50psi
    you should be about 10psi higher at WOT, 48-50psi.

edit: even though this thread is old, mods should split this into a new topic starting with crzejkr's post above mine
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

I have the same timing issues...my car is sitting at 3 degrees and it should be at 5. It is just a little off but that is performance lost. My dist doesnt move much either.

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

I'm fairly certain I've just read the most overly complicated pile of garbage tuning approach I've ever seen, or heard of.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

take a 94 95 distributor its plugs are in diferent locations but if you strch the wires a bit it works. bolt it up ground the brown firewall connector. set your timing by turning distributor turn car off remove ground from plug and hit it with a timing light to see your resluts. rinse and repeat till you get hte timing where you want it at.
    good luck.

and yes stunr it was a long and useless post. but im still runing 345cc no safc and 100% e85 all day.

does it make difference with the 345cc?
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12