The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Sizing question

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Sizing question

Has anyone had any trouble with 18x8's fitting, width wise? I'm looking into some 18x8's with a +42 offset, and the website that i was looking at them on said that they wouldn't fit because they're too wide. But i thought they were just being careful, as many people have 18x8's.
    '03
    rockin' the DE

no real problems here.i rub on the fender but thats cuz im using a slightly bigger tire than the norm.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    THey will stick outside the front fender a little.

18x8 +42mm? get 225/40r18 tires and roll your rear fenders... you should be able to drop up to 2" no rub. your clearance issues when lowering, if any, are going to be in the rear. at stock height you should have no problems (but it will look horrible).
    Last edited by Reelax; 03-22-2008 at 06:41 AM

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    They should fit fine. I have 19x8 with a +40 offset and I am dropped and no rubbing at all.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

Quote Originally Posted by njjfudge View Post
    They should fit fine. I have 19x8 with a +40 offset and I am dropped and no rubbing at all.
    camber corrected?

i'm mostly concerned with inner clearance problems...any problems with the rim/tire rubbing on any suspension components?
    '03
    rockin' the DE

you'll be fine.

I run 18x8 +38 offset and my rims sit flush. No rubbing and camber corrected dropped 2.5+ inches.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

Quote Originally Posted by 03_silver_8g View Post
    i'm mostly concerned with inner clearance problems...any problems with the rim/tire rubbing on any suspension components?
    you should be fine... what suspension are u running (or planning on running)? there is more chance of the outside clearance being tight rather than the inside w/ that width and offset (18x8 +40). i'm running 19x8.5 +48 235/35zr19 (camber corrected and dropped around 3") which means the outside of my rim sits roughly the same as a 19x8 +42 and on the inner side sits roughly at around the same as 19x8 +54mm; so your 18x8 +40 would sit 2mm more out (so if you drop over 2" u will need to roll your fenders since i had to cut mine out), but your clearance to suspension will be 14mm MORE than what i have. i DO NOT RUB at all, but i have cut out rear fenders and TEIN SS-P full coilovers, which i believe might give more clearance than lowereng springs and shocks/struts. in any case you should be just fine if you don't lower too deep but do camber correct (gives more clearance for suspension).
    Last edited by Reelax; 03-23-2008 at 07:59 AM

Just for more reference, I have 18x8 with a +48mm offset and no rubbing on suspension, so +40 definitely won't rub on the suspension. With corrected camber and a decent drop, I have plenty of room before rubbing the rear fenders as well.

so any 18" rims with +40 and above offset will work just fine on at AGX and and Tein SS Set uP?

width plays a part too cuz if you go to wide, then you'll run into problems