The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Grills

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    KNJGalant2002

Grills

Hi,
    I had a quick question about my 2002 galant. For anybody that knows about the after-market grills. I have the mesh grill to put in the front of my car but a little concerned because the coolant line is right in front. Mitsubishi said it shouldn't be a problem but keep a eye on the temp guage. I just wondering if anybody had feedback on them?

Thanks

I'm not sure what you are asking.

There are no aftermarket grills for the 2002 Galant and due to the new front bumper design, you cannot use a grill from a 99-01 Galant unless you get a front bumper from a 99-01 or some how modify your 2002 front bumper.

As far as putting mesh behind the stock 2002 grill pieces, you shouldn't have any problems with that.

J. T. Z.
    I think he means putting the mesh on his OEM grill. There are plenty of people on this site that have done this with no problems with relation to the coolant lines.

Unless I'm mistaken, those lines that run in front of your radiator are part of the transmission cooler. So whatever bonehead at Mitsu that told you to watch the temperature gauge is an idiot. You should have no problem putting mesh in the front of your grill. It's not that restrictive to airflow.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

KNJGalant2002
    Okay Thank You. I noticed a lot of people had the mesh on their cars but just double checking didn't want anything to go wrong if it restricted airflow.

J. T. Z.
    You will have no problems. Good luck with the install.

mesh shouldn't be a problem. but i would keep an eye on it from time to time depending on how u have the mesh set up. leaves debris and etc can get over the mes hand restrict airflow but yea no biggie, your car will still run even if the mesh was covered up

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Yeah, but nobody has done this on a 2002 yet, have they?

Censee
    i think chromegalant just did it to his,its on another thread with pics