The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: iac motor

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

iac motor

i think my car needs a new iac motor when i turn the ac on the idle stays the same and does not go up to 1000 like normal and i am gettting a vibration when i put it in gear. I cleaned my throttle body a long time ago and now i think the iac motor is completly read ,causing this problem

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    make sure its really the IAC first, its an expensive part.....I do have 4 of them here in my job.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

i dont think that its your IAC because when mine went bad my car wouldnt run at all. The idle would bounce up and down and then the car would stall and cut off.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    1000RPM is not the normal range. I believe is between 600 to 800 something. MIne has always idled at 800.

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr View Post
    make sure its really the IAC first, its an expensive part.....I do have 4 of them here in my job.
    I agree.

iac motor

well then what besides engine mounts would cause the maybe the transmission mounts or the other mount on the left side they both look fine but do you think i can get the best look if i remove them first? i get a vibration only in gear especially when the ac kicks on and the lights are on , only in gear.my car idles normally at 750 .it only goes up to 1000 when th eac kicks on in the summer time in park.
    Last edited by silversurfer; 04-06-2008 at 06:25 PM