The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: !!MagnafloW ExhausT UpdateD!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 30

!!MagnafloW ExhausT UpdateD!!

Hey all, so I finally got my magnaflow cat-back today.

I asked around to see what would have to be done to make it fit since its for an eclipse.

I took as many pics as I could without tryin to get in the way.

Heres the box and outta the box.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RedGalant2k1; 04-07-2008 at 04:14 PM

the parts upclose

In the first pic you can see they needed to add a lil extra pipe after the resonator.
    the second pic you can see they had to add a few inches over the rear axle.
    the third pic is where the muffler was. but it wouldnt fit, so off it came.
    as you can see in the forth pic is the muffler.
    the last pic you can see how much he needed to make it fit.

Great pictures! and it shows exactly whats needed to put Eclipse exhausts on our cars.

I'm going to sticky this for easy reference.

Hey, no problem. I knew it would help!

it took 2 hours to do cuz he hadda keep measuring the pieces then check it cut it check it tack it take it down weld it then toss it back on..

so i guess two hours aint too bad.. he only charged me for an hour and a 1/2 plus parts (50 bucks) for a total of 216 Canadian and some change.

But its totally worth it.. i love the sound!!!!!!!!!!! its like a deep purr.. i love it, just love it.

I dont have any sound clips, i was gonan get my buddi to record me startin it, but we got fried and forgot..

it pretty much sounds like whats on their site.

http://images.magnaflow.com/04sound/...nch_player.swf
    http://images.magnaflow.com/04sound/...eby_player.swf

error.

JDM front covension Old style vr4,18"axis black seven mod,clifford alarm,egr rear window visor,kenwood unit 7"screen DVD,two tones paint job,3G strut bar , HID's.

Im about to do that myself with a greddy sp2 for an Eclipse also. The one I got is for a Eclipse GT though. Hopefully its not too loud since its made for a V6. Good job taking pics!
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

im assuming thats for the 3g eclipse, right ??

a member on club3g used a 2g cat-back on his 3g and he swears that he only had to modify the hangers and didnt need cutting and rewelding, how different are the 2g and 3g cat backs ???

anyone can provide diagrams of the shape ?? i couldnt find them anywhere
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

2G Eclipse Exhaust picture sourced from SlowBoyRacing.com

3G Magnaflow Exhaust sourced from above picture.

Last edited by RedGalant2k1; 04-09-2008 at 09:36 PM

Its not too loud at all. its just a nice deep purr almost.. you can feel it in the floor a little more too. then when you step on it you really hear it, even over the music pumpin and blasting away.

im sure you will enjoy the greddy sp2. they are prob pretty similar in sound.

awesome job on the exhaust bro. im in the process of having my pipes custom made since i already have the muffler.

everyone that has heard my car has loved it.. sittin in and out it, they say its like a jet just blowin by. but that could be the weapon r intake too.

but i really do love it. im lookin for headers now.

Nice Job Bro! You've got all the exact same mods I've got on my '03 GTZ. They're all good choices and all work very well together. You're correct about the sound from the Magnaflow. It's definitely the best I've ever heard. It's not overly loud, raspy or ricey. It's just cool and it cooks. I'm also shopping for headers. Let me know which ones you're going with.

any pics of the G's ass?
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

No Pics. It looks like any other G with a 3.5" polished pipe sticken out.

I'm assuming you have a v6 right? I'm also assuming this would sound really riced out on the I4?

yes, its an 03 GTZ v6. my buddi had the save exhaust on his neon and its only ricey when he mat's it. normal drivin it pretty good.

4G64Galant
    Yea magnaflow exhaust sounds real nice, my buddy owns an exhaust shop so i had a custom bent exhaust put on from the header back. It purrs instead of having that annoying ass ricer popping sound that drives me crazy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast